✧ 010 ✧

"YOU KNOW, I really like you, mom"

✧─── ・ 。゚★: *.✦ .* :★. ───✧

The light brunette started, eyes raised into the sky as he walked towards the small garden with Dan-I.

The duo, turning their backs as they talked privately.

The meat party in Eun Ji-ho's backyard was coming to a close—at least for the younger half of the guests present.

After the emotional and bizarre phone call, the trio had the night before, the red-haired and blue-haired duo wouldn't leave Aera's side; and so, when the girl visited Dan-I, they inevitably opted to come with.

Seeing the gang together, Dan-I's father thought it would be great to have a small meat celebration for their upcoming high school years and offered to host, but as Eunhyung called the cursing Ji-ho, the responsibility to host inevitably fell on his shoulders.

Thus, their presence in the grand backyard of Eun Ji-ho.

After eating a lot of A-grade Hanwoo beef, the duo unknowingly walked in a small garden situated just farther back in the backyard to somewhat digest what they ate, their group of friends staying still at their table as they smother the silver-head girl with delicacies she told them once that she would like to try. Of course, this meant Ji-ho buying an enormous amount, with the others feeding the quiet girl, and the parents on the other table chuckling as they watched her struggle with the amount of food placed on her plate.

Dan-I counted, stepping once, and then twice before Ju-in proceeded with his monologue; opting to stay silent as she noticed the uncharacteristic serious tone of her usually cheery friend.

"They say the first six seconds make up an impression that would last a lifetime, but for me, that was not at all the case for you." Ju-in let out an embarrassed grin, before facing Dan-I as he walked backward,

"You know why, mom? Because I despised you when we first met." The teasing look in Ju-in's eyes brought a smile to Dan-I's face, reassuring her nerves as she raced to hit him in the arm, exclaiming a "hey" in the process.

Woo Ju-in let out a chuckle at his friend's actions before continuing, syncing back into his step as he walked side by side with Dan-I. "No, it's true. But that was just because of Aera." 

The serious tone of the conversation came back the moment their silver-haired friend was mentioned, both their faces void of their usual lighthearted grins.

"Aera used to be, and even is, very conserved; so when she hugged you all of a sudden, it was not surprising for either Ji-ho or me to be shocked." He let his eyes wander, sensing Dan-I's nods as a cue that she understood what he meant.

"You know I can't forget things, right, mom?" He sensed her nod,

"But at that moment, I questioned everything I knew—all of the information I memorized regarding Aera and I just couldn't place you anywhere on that map. You were an anomaly," He kicked a pebble on the way as he continued,