✧ 002 ✧

EUN JIHO thought he knew everything about his friend

✧─── ・ 。゚★: *.✦ .* :★. ───✧

Much like a person such as him, Aera was raised in a toxic household, the suffering they had to bear as children being disregarded as it was disguised by the blessings of riches and luxuries, more than anyone his peers could imagine.

Growing up with the silver head, Ji-ho thought he knew everything about her-- from what triggered her, what made her anxiety skyrocket, what made her worry, or in a lighter sense, what made her smile.

Their friendship goes way back to the point that he thought he would know every little thing about her, even enough to predict her future emotions and actions;

He was no Ju-In, but he could say he was just as perceptive.

Therefore, when the girl suddenly acted as if she didn't know them, Ji-ho's mind went into a frenzy.

At first, he thought she was joking, but looking at the way her face was etched into complete confusion, and the fact that she wasn't one to make jokes--regardless of the length of their friendship; he knew that she was serious.

Was she angry?

Did we do something?

Or did something happen?

Questions started to pile up in Ji-ho's head; trying but failing to come up with any reason why the girl's behavior was that way.

She only acted distant if:

One, something happened at home,

Two, she was worried about something.

But never in their whole years of being friends did she brush them off as strangers even when she acted distantly. She was a soft-hearted girl; and thus made it her duty to assure her two friends that even though she had problems, she was going to be okay.

At those times, Ji-ho wondered if they were the ones with anxiety and not her.

They simply cared about her too much to let her be distant; they've already suffered enough, the worse there is to do is break apart their friendship.

Face etched in utter concentration, he let his gaze fall unto the girl sitting by the leftmost corner of the limousine; as if finding their presence too uncomfortable to the point that she had to make sure their bodies won't touch.

Her eyes were blank as it always was, although Ji-ho swore he could see some sort of hesitance hidden beneath her irises--no doubt, it was because of the both of them.

Ju-in, was also evidently feeling gloomy ever since the girl wouldn't reciprocate his hugs; sure, Aera was never the most affectionate, but she always tried to return their affection--albeit a little more toned down.

She always welcomed both of them with a smile, never failing to make their mornings brighter every time they go to school; so having to be met with a stare that gazed upon them as if they were strangers, hurt more than Ji-ho thought it would.

Ji-ho released a frustrated sigh, simultaneously catching the brown-haired boy's attention as he shifted his eyes from his phone to the girl and finally, to his silver head friend beside him.

Voicing out what he knew was also in Ji-ho's thoughts, he spoke:

"Ji-ho, did we do something to make her mad?" His question was followed by a pout, also visibly saddened by the girl's behavior.

The silver head merely shrugged; just as clueless as to the boy beside him.

"Not that I know of, didn't we just visit her yesterday? Maybe something happened with her parents?"

He guessed, although hoping that that was not the case.

"I hope not." The brunette beside him voices out the same thing.

More than anyone else, both of them knew how bad it was when their parents got involved; more so with Aera.

Ju-in at least had his cousins, aunts, and uncles; and Ji-ho doesn't have a medically diagnosed problem that allows him to be resistant to the pressure his parents gave him. Aera doesn't have any of that.

Both boys let their now worried gazes wander back to the subject of their conversation.

She was looking at her surroundings, outside the car's window; much like she always would, with that blank stare etched on her pretty face.

Concluding that the girl simply won't let up, Ji-ho decided that he should initiate the conversation. If Ju-in and he did something wrong, then they would apologize, and if was something that happened at home, enough to traumatize her into pretending she didn't know them, then they would talk about it and maybe even propose a compromise.

Ji-ho thought that was better than simply letting the girl go on like this.

He knew he couldn't take that.

"Oi," He started,

Flinching in surprise, the silver head turned her head from the window to the two boys that sat far from her. Noticing her expression, Ji-ho opted to continue,

"Are you mad at us or something?" His voice went soft, inching closer to her position, but not too close that she would feel uncomfortable.

"Or did something happened at home? You know you can tell us." His gaze was now filled with worry; giving the girl a slight assurance that they not there to harm her; they were simply worried about her actions.

"Yeah! We're always here for you and you know it." At the same time, Ju-in offered a big grin from where he was sitting.

Her blank stare didn't falter, as she contemplated on what to say. She couldn't sense any type of hostility from the both of them but was still afraid that maybe they were the sons of her parents' partners, and she absolutely did not want to mess up--not when she still didn't know who they were.

She kept her gaze still, mouth about to form a sentence as she opted to apologize for her behavior; concluding that her apology might appease their anger for her rudeness of not being able to tell who they were.

Although, her thoughts got suddenly cut off when she saw an all too familiar brunette by the side of the road; her eyes widening as she momentarily forgot about the two boys in the car, determination running through her veins as her eyes only allowed her to see her friend.

"STOP THE CAR!"

Hastily unbuckling her seatbelt, she grabbed her things and hurriedly went out of the limousine, inevitably surprising everybody inside; especially the two boys who thought this was way out of character for someone like Aera, who valued her image more than anything.

"Yah! Aera! what is the matter with you!"

"Aera, come back!"

Both boys bolted out of the car, intent on following their friend and finding out what the heck was the matter with her--Ji-ho especially.

He was about to call on her, drag her back and talk some sense into her; until he froze, too shock with the scene in front of him: It was Aera, hugging a person--a stranger with brown hair and run-of-the-mill features, displaying the biggest grin she could muster.

Even shouting at the top of her lungs--something she never does unless it was with a person she trusts.

"HAM DAN-I!"

Just what is happening here?

✧─── ・ 。゚★: *.✦ .* :★. ───✧