✧ 008 ✧

FOR A WHILE, Shin Aera felt at ease

✧─── ・ 。゚★: *.✦ .* :★. ───✧

The harsh cold breeze no longer bothering her despite making itself very obvious in whistling sounds they make as they pass by, swaying the silver wonderland that adorned the stoic girl's face.

She was quietly walking beside her two best friends, Dan-I and Yeoryeong, with both arms looped against theirs, a sense of warmth and security creeping its way into her heart as she tuned in on what her purple-haired friend was rambling about, while silently stealing glances at her brown-haired friend, who like her, opted to stay silent.

Despite being in this world for almost three years now, Aera always felt as if Dan-I was in another, eyes empty as the brown-haired girl gazed at their group--as if she was a spectator in a play or a reader in a novel.

She knew Dan-I's revelation a while back was something that could be refuted, yet at the same time cannot be completely dismissed. As such, she believed Dan-I, but the longer she was in this world, the more it felt natural to her as if she has been here her whole life. Even being friends with what she would deem as strangers from before became the very core of her life; but unfortunately, the girl took notice that it wasn't like that for Dan-I.

The silver-haired girl always observed her vacant stares, her lingering touches, and even her hesitance every time the group was doing something intimate and casual--as if everything was going to disappear and slip away from Dan-I's hands, like waking up from a dream that she could never go back to.

These observations worried Aera but she did not prod into it, thinking that Dan-I will be the one to step forward once she felt like she was ready. Aera knew what it felt like to be put in a spot, suffocating as if wanting to tell everything, yet nothing at the same time. She didn't want her brown-haired friend to experience that, and so, she waited.

Her thoughts consumed her, gaze buried deep into the sand they were walking on as she sank deeper into the rabbit hole that was Ham Dan-I; that she didn't notice a group of boys approaching them until she felt a sturdy chest collide with her head.

The bump alarmed Yeoryeong--who stopped talking, as well as Dan-I who and shifted her attention from her blank thoughts to the group of boys in front of them.

"YOU." The boy Aera bumped into started talking, closing the gap between their faces, alarming both girls as they tightened their grip around Aera's arms, prepared to pull her back once the boy gives any signal of nearing even more.

"You're pretty, what's your name?" He smirked, confidence oozing out of his body as he attempted to flirt with the silver-haired girl.

Aera blinked once, and then twice, then looked at both Dan-I and Yeoryeong before looking at the boy up and down, and then responded, "Eunhyung told me that I shouldn't speak to strangers, I'm sorry." She bowed politely, before ushering her silently cackling brown-haired friend, and her confused purple-haired friend to continue their walk.