Chapter 1 - Intro

Yua's POV:

"Yua!" Ugh. What is it this time? "Why isn't your laundry folded?!" I sigh. "Mom, I said I'll do it after I'm finished with my homework!" I yelled. Have you ever been to middle school? Yes? No? Either way, I don't like it much. It's just... not really my thing. I've always gotten no less than a B+. Actually, I've only gotten a B+ about once or twice. But middle school doesn't make me happy. I've always had a giant hole in my life, but no matter what I did, I couldn't fill it. I doubt high school, which I'll be in next year, would fill it either. Anyway, I like to write and draw. These two things have always been my passion, and even more, my best friend.

"Yua!! I know you're in there doing your story-telling nonsense and your time-wasting doodles. Go do your laundry! Now!!" I take a deep breath. I hate having to do laundry. It's so boring. But you know what's even worse than doing things I hate? When other people call my passions and things I love, "nonsense" or "time-wasting". They just don't get it. Well, I guess I have to go do my— DING DONG.

"Yuri, get the door!" I shout.

"Why can't you get it? I'm doing my makeup." I roll my eyes. So much for being 2 years older than me. I mean, I'm 14. She's supposed to be the mature one!

"I'm going to do the laundry!" I honestly hate having to yell or shout, especially inside our apartment.

"Yua, you're friend is here," she tells me with a face full of uh ... whatever that is. Believe me, it's not makeup that she has on. It's probably one of those facial mask thingies. Whatever.

"So what have you been up to? Doodling sketches of random people again?" I roll my eyes for the second time today.

"Whatever. Got any ideas for the next part of our story?" Shiro's a nice guy. He's my only human friend. He likes writing just as much as I do, and he's also a straight-A student like me. I guess that's how we became best friends. Although, he is a bit on the overprotective side, and that's probably why my mom thinks he's a great influence.

"Yeah, I think we should make Kei get mad at his best friend and avoid him for a few days. After a few days pass by, he'll realize that he's the one who killed Himari." My mom sighs, shakes her head, and says to herself, obviously wanting us to hear, "Oh, you kids and your imagination."

"Hey, let's do this outside. I'm honestly in the mood for some sunshine." I whisper this last part to Shiro as we leave. "I'd also like to get away from my family for a while." He smiles.

"Nothing like being out in the warm sunshine, writing about an action/thriller mystery murder story," he says as I snort and then blush while trying to hide my face.

"I've known you for 9 years, Yua. It's cute when you snort." I blush even more. We keep walking until we reach a park that we normally go to and sit down on a bench. I close my eyes and breathe in the warm, moist air, and let out a big, happy sigh. Shiro looks at me with a warm smile.

"Ok, so your idea was to make Kei be the murderer without even realizing it, right?" I ask.

"Yeah, it all happens because of a very small detail that happened in the past when he was with Himari..." I wonder what it would look like if our story was a movie. We haven't even published our "book" yet. It's not even finished. But as much as we have done, it would look pretty cool in a movie. When we write stories together, I'm normally the one who comes up with ideas, and Shiro is the one to add action to them. He's also the "detail person." Sometimes, I feel closer to Shiro than even my own family! He's like my family, except better. He's the only one who really understands me. He never insults what I like, what I wear, or what I do. He teases me sometimes, but it's not the same. It's also different from making fun of me. The difference is that he knows what hurts me and what doesn't. Whatever he says, he says to my face. I guess that's what makes us best friends.

"Yua. Yuuuaaa. Earth to Yua!"

"Huh? What?"

"You spaced out for a while. Was my idea that boring?"

"What? No, I was actually thinking about our story as a movie," I say nervously. I know Shiro would tease me if he knew I was thinking about him.

"You're thinking about me, aren't you?" Shiro smirks.

"What?! No!! I would never!" I hate when he figures out things I don't want him to know.

"Wanna know how I know you're thinking about me? You never make eye contact, you cross your arms because you become more self-conscious of them, and you sit up straighter than usual." Shiro is amazing with details, which also makes him stunning when it comes to body language. It's hard to prove him wrong.

"No. Why would you think that? I know you're good with body language, but not this time," I confidently say, hoping inside that he buys it. Shiro rolls his eyes with another smirk.

"I can tell that you're lying because when you lie, you start yelling a bit and you try hiding your face behind your hair. Yua, let me remind you that I've known you for 9 whole years. I know everything about you!"

"No, you don't! Did you know that I... um. I..." I just couldn't think of anything! Ugh, you always fail me when I need you, brain!

"Yes?" He asks with one eyebrow raised.

"Ugh, fine! I'll let you have this one."

"Aww, don't be so upset! You're so cute!!" He says with a baby-voice while pinching my cheeks. We spend the rest of the day coming up with more and more ideas for our story. I wonder what it's going to look like when we're finished. I yawn.

"I'm tired. It's also getting dark. I think we should go home."

"Yeah," Shiro agrees. "I'll text you more of the details tomorrow, okay?. Hey, since it's dark, why don't I walk you home?"

"I'd argue, but I know you'll win anyway."

"Don't be like that. Come on, let's go."

(1087 words)

A/N: I hope you enjoyed this chapter! Let me know if there are any mistakes and I'll try to fix them. I hope you'll excuse the fact that this chapter is pretty short. Hopefully, I'll be able to make them longer as I go. —Mido-chan ♡