Chapter 3

Shiro's POV:

I tell Yua about everything that happened last night. She seemed pretty upset.

"Oh." Is her reaction. Huh. I guess I was overreacting. Who was I kidding, anyway? This is Yua I'm talking about.

"Where are they?" She asks.

"Who?"

"Where. Are. Those. Idiots?" She furiously says with gritted teeth.

"Y-you mean Kai and his group? Don't worry about it, Yua. Seriously! I-It's no big deal. It's not like I'm hurt or anything, s-so yeah!" I try as hard as I can to convince her to forget about this whole thing, but I fail to. I don't want her to get in trouble.

"You know what? Fine! I'll just have to find them myself." She vents. Oh no, what have I done?

Yua storms over to Kai and his group. Kai stops mid-sentence and turns to see Yua standing with the sleeves of her dark grey sweatshirt rolled up.

"Well, well, well. Look who it is! It's Shiro and his so-called girlfriend," Kai snickers. I sigh and look down.

"And who are you supposed to be? A so-called loser? My dude, even your mom is disappointed that all you've got going for you is your 5-person idiot squad. Not to mention that the teachers have pretty much given up on trying to feed your 2 brain cells any information. You guys wouldn't be able to impress a girl if you tried. Even if that girl was your mother." Yua shoots back.

"Hey! No one insults me or my group!" Kai shouts, his face beet red.

"Well did ya ever think about shutting up that big mouth of yours? And no one permitted you to lay your group's filthy hands on Shiro! Who raised you? Pigs? Oh, I'm sorry! I didn't mean to insult pigs." Now Yua's shouting, too. I try stopping them, but they're shouting too loud to hear me. Well, Yua is. Kai's just plain ignoring me.

"Guys, just please, stop. It's ok! I'm fine. Just please.." I start to sound weak. The noise makes me dizzy.

"Nobody asked you," Daisuke yells from the background. I'm surprised he heard me.

"How dare you... and... and...?!"

"Well, you... and...!!" The shouting doesn't stop. I just can't take it anymore. I have sensitive ears, so loud noises irritate me.

"Just STOP!" 

Yua's POV:

"Just STOP!" Kai and I stop and look at Shiro, who looks miserable. He quickly walks away, silently wiping his tears. The whole cafeteria's silent and staring at us now.

"Shiro, wait!" I run up to Shiro, who's not in the hallway when I get there. He's a fast walker. He's not even by his locker. I think I know where he is, though.

After I walk up to Sensei Ayana's literature class, I see Shiro scribbling in his notebook. He doesn't look up at me.

"I'm sorry," I say, quietly. He doesn't say anything at first, but then replies, "It's ok." He still doesn't look up, though.

"I know you hate when people yell." I feel pretty guilty, to be honest. I completely forgot that Shiro doesn't like people yelling because it makes his head hurt.

"Yeah. But let's just sit and have lunch. I don't want to starve for the next few classes."

"Ok. I'll go get my lunchbox and my notebook then," I say. I head out into the hallway and grab my notebook and lunchbox from my locker.

"Yua? What are you doing? Shouldn't you be having lunch?" I turn around to see Sensei Goro standing there with a warm smile. He's the only one who calls everyone by their first name. Everyone else either calls me "Sakura-san", "Sakura", or "Sakura-chan". Shiro's last name is Aoi. It's honestly kind of cute when people call him "Aoi-san" or "Aoi-kun". I like to call him "Aoi-kun" sometimes for fun.