Chapter 6

3rd Person POV:

As Yua and Shiro part ways, little do they know, Hitomi was watching them. Giggling, she turns to her best friend, Hana Amari. 

"Finally, I've got more proof that they're dating! Good thing I've been recording their every move. They won't be able to deny me anymore, Hana."

"You're going to be an amazing news reporter, Koike-san! And I'll be your assistant, as usual!" Hana tells her in a high, excited voice. They both giggle.

"Keep it down, Hana, or they might hear us!" Hitomi whispers to her. 

The two girls start walking down the street, back to their homes. Being best friends, of course, they would live in the same neighborhood, right next to each other.

"See you tomorrow, Hana! I'll text you my plan first thing in the morning," were Hitomi's last words to Hana before heading inside. They didn't stop smiling, but their giggling did come to an end, seeing that they didn't want anyone to know about their plan just yet.

This was going to be epic, or at least for them.

Yua's POV:

BEEP BEEP! BEEP BEEP!

I yawn while trying to smack the life out of my poor alarm clock. 

"Ugh, I'm up," I say in a weary voice. I didn't get enough sleep last night, mainly because I was thinking about everything that happened yesterday. How could so much happen in one day? That, too, to me. My life was never interesting.

Well, I guess I should start getting ready for school. I put on a plain yellow T-shirt and some grey leggings. I put on my usual dark-grey sweatshirt that was a gift from Shiro for my birthday last year. It was a few sizes too big, according to my mom, but to me, it was perfect. Bigger means that it'll last longer. Plus, it's comfier. It's still kind of big on me. 

I take my homework (which I finished just before going to bed) and any other things I might need for school, and organize them neatly in my backpack. I put the papers in folders so that the corners don't get folded. I'm not a perfectionist, but I still like to keep my things neatly. It's a habit I developed from my mother. 

I start to head out, but almost immediately get stopped by my mother.

"Yua, you're not going to eat today?" She asks me.

"Oh, right. I'm not hungry," I reply. I completely forgot that I needed to eat. 

"Please eat something. Anything. You know you won't be able to eat until lunch, and staying on an empty stomach in the morning is unhealthy. Eat some taiyaki, at least," She offers me. I look at the plate of fish-shaped sweets. Just thinking about eating sweets for breakfast made me nauseous. I liked sweets, especially taiyaki, but sweets in the morning made me feel sick.

"Mom, you know I feel sick when I eat sweets in the morning," I tell her. She sighs.

"Alright, fine. But I better not see a single grain of rice leftover from lunch! I made ikura sushi, your favorite," She scolds me while handing me my lunchbox. I nod and put it in my bag. I walk down the stairs of our apartment complex building, gradually inhaling the fresh air. 

Not long after, I arrive at Shiro's apartment. I knock gently 3 times. My father used to teach me manners like, "Don't knock on the door more than 2-3 times. It will make you sound impatient and rude."

He was a kind man. He still is a kind man, he's just a bit.... distant. He works as an IT department manager in the US. He sends us money around every month so that Mom wouldn't have to work shifts. I always wondered what America was like. I dreamed about it as a child.