𝙢𝙖𝙞𝙙 𝙡𝙖𝙩𝙩𝙚

To be completely honest I was taken aback at this whole phonecall... I didn't expect akaashi to actually call me. We text here and there but its never anything too out of the ordinary, so a phone call was completely unexpected. But I'll admit my heart was racing while hearing his voice from the other end.

I was a little upset that my mom ended up calling me interrupting the mood akaashi had set up with his phonecall. I guess my mom was doing her weekly check in. They always feel so unnecessary but I can't bring myself to ignore her.

-------------------------------
Today was the long awaited day. I can't believe my luck, akaashi invited me to his school festival. Out of every girl he could've asked... he picked me. It feels nice to be someone's first choice for once. I know he said I could invite kenma but even then I'd like to think that this event he's inviting me to is especially for me. I'm not sure what his class will be doing since it's a surprise but I'd like to think that it will be very exciting. Anything that includes akaashi is good enough for me.

Kenma and I are currently walking to fukurodani. There's a quiet atmosphere but it's not awkward nor tense, it's the comfortable silence that makes you feel at ease. Kenma was staring at his phone while I was looking at the continuous sidewalk while letting my thoughts consume my head.

I didn't know what to wear, today isn't a school day for us but for kids who attend fukurodani, this festival is special and allows the neighboring schools to enjoy this event and it advertises their school the the junior high kids.

Kenma wore a simple outfit. Something that suited his persona perfectly. Well in general kenma looks good an anything but his style is especially immaculate. I wanted to wear something nice since this is the first time akaashi has invited me personally to attend. Usually bokuto-san and kuroo make the plans for us to hang out but this is the first time akaashi went out of his way to invite me, it feels like a date. Maybe I'm taking this to another extent but I'm just so euphoric, whenever your crush does something it'll obviously make it ten times better since they're the one asking.

I chuckle to myself. Honestly I think I may be leveling up, akaashi called me by my name during the phone call, something he didn't do before. I'll admit I slightly squeaked when I heard my name escape his mouth. Usually he calls me by my last name , something everyone else does but hearing my name come out of akaashi's mouth makes me feel special. That's why I went out of my way to look extra nice. I want to look attractive to him, I'm not one who views myself as a foreign beauty, I honestly wouldn't even say my looks are out of the average. But people have complimented me before saying I got blessed with good looks. Maybe I should have more confidence, hopefully that makes me come off as more attractive.

I realized that we were at our destination when I see a huge welcome banner. I nudge kenma letting him know that we arrived. Kenma looks up and just follows me into the school.

When we walk in we're greeted with many friendly students asking us to try food samples while others try convincing us to check out their class play. From every corner I'd get bombarded with people trying to get my attention onto their booth. Kenma ignored everyone so they would turn to me instead. I would politely decline there offers.

I took out my phone to text bokuto-san. I heard he got invited as well so I should text him letting him know that I already arrived.

------------------------------
After getting continously bombarded with students offering me stuff from their booth I ended up buying more food than expected. Which I'm not complaining because everything I ate was delicious, there was so much variety that even I couldn't make up my mind. I was currently eating my third set of takoyaki.

Kenma was eating cotton candy while we walk towards the actual school building. Bokuto-san said he was near the restrooms, so we could meet up before making our way to akaashi and his class.