𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟑 | 𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐉𝐞𝐝𝐢

There he stood, confident in the door way. His posture was straight and formal and his hands rested behind his back. His robes were of a brownish red and the colour of his skin was a delicate orange. Calmly, he walked over to the senator and the father who were conversing in the corner of the room as Catelle watched him in awe.

"Master Plo Koon!" Bail addressed the Kel Dor as he smiled at him in a jovial manner. "It has been too long."

"Yes, Senator. Indeed it has." Master Plo spoke with sincere tone as he examined the room, his eyes resting on young Catelle.

"Ah, yes." The Senator lead the Jedi over to the youngling stood in the centre of the room, followed closely behind by Kol. "This, my friend, is young Catelle Vereya. The force sensitive my wife referred to."

Plo looked down at the little human girl stood in front of him and she looked up at him. The Jedi examined the girl with a paternal eye, assessing her strength through the force as he sensed a feeling of fear rising in her and knelt down to her level, placing a hand on her shoulder. Catelle smiled slightly as Master Plo felt her nerves dissipate, returning the smile.

"Hello, little Catelle. I am Master Plo Koon. I've heard many things about you." His tonality was heart warming and sent a wave of peacefulness over the youngling.

"You have?" Catelle asked politely, tilting her head as she spoke.

"Yes, I have. You can move things around, can't you? Without the need to touch them? Like me?" The Jedi Master spotted a flower pot resting on a table in a different corner of the room. He focused all his energy on a white rose inside the vase and levitated it over to him. When it reached his grasp he handed it over to Catelle, who in return squealed from a jolt of happiness. "To match the flowers in your hair."

"Yes! Exactly like that, Mister Plo sir. Thank you for the pretty flower!" She tucked the flower behind her hair and wrapped her coat around her, her smile returning and her worry briefly melting away.

Plo Koon let out a quiet chuckle at the girls joy, "You're welcome, little one. I am going to talk to your parents briefly, I won't be a moment." The child nodded as the Master Jedi walked over to the adults in the room.

"So?" Kol asked impatiently, he had been on edge since the man from Coruscant had arrived and had hardly been able to keep his thoughts to himself.

"The youngling is strong with the force, that much I know," Master Plo responded to the anxious father with a comforting voice, "She would be safer on Coruscant than here."

"What do you advise, Master Jedi?" Rhielle asked with a hint of sadness laced in her voice.

"I advise that she returns to Coruscant with me, she'll be trained in the ways of the Jedi and will be under my watchful eye. I'm sure you already assumed this." He looked around her parents, the Senator and the Queen. Each of them had a look of concern in their eye for Catelle's future.

"Yes, we guessed that would be the result of this visit." Breha stated softly in an attempt to comfort the worried parents.

"Then I assume that Catelle is prepared to leave if she needs to?" Koon again asked in a polite manner with the same attempt of comfort.

Kol and Rhielle nodded solemnly, glancing over at their daughter who had resorted to intertwining the rose into her bronze brown hair. They smiled fondly at her as she seeped in the last remnants of a simple childhood. The pair then looked at each other, knowing that they have to say goodbye to their daughter in near time. Master Plo returned to Catelle as he said her would, kneeling down in front of her once more.

"Little one? How would you like to return to the Jedi Temple with me?" He questioned in a gentle manner, feeling her strong force presence once more.