𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟒 | 𝐂𝐨𝐫𝐮𝐬𝐜𝐚𝐧𝐭

Swirls of deep blue and milky white surrounded the Republican transport as Catelle travelled through the hyperspace tunnel with a group of unfamiliar people. Each person had a friendly face and a kind smile every time they looked at the fretting youngling, however, none of their smiles could calm her nerves or ease her consciousness. She was trying so hard not to think about the life she left behind (knowing it would only lead to tears) but the occasional thought would creep up on her like an assassin in the dark of night, almost bringing her to tears once more.

"Approaching Coruscant!" The pilot, who Catelle had learned was called Yreva, called out from the cockpit. "Prepare to exit hyperspace!"

At the call of this, Master Plo Koon returned to his seat next to the child and the co-pilot (who was not doing a very good job) made his way back to his seat. Muffled argument could be heard from the cockpit between the two pilots on board. Something about 'it being called the cockpit for a reason', the argument didn't last long as Plo Koon told them to keep their focus on returning to Coruscant safely. This action made Catelle smile slightly as the male pilot instantly shut his mouth, stupid misogynistic patriarchy.

With a slight grunt, Yreva called out again, "Exiting hyperspace in 3, 2, 1." Pulling up the same lever that she had pulled down to enter hyperspace, the galactic swirls that had previously encompassed the ship elongated into white streaks as the ship came out of hyperspace with a sudden jolt- nearly knocking Catelle out of her seat.

As the beautiful stars returned to the vast vacuum of space once more, a new thing was added to the view. A planet. A planet that looked like it was made from lights. Coruscant. It was nothing like the green and blue terrestrial appearance of Alderaan, where water would lie city lights had replaced it. A complete city planet as she had heard. A they approached and entered the atmosphere of the city, the young girl automatically noticed how different this place was to where she grew up. The whole bustling of the industrial planet was overwhelming for little Catelle, to say the very least. No grass or trees. Or sea or sand. Just buildings and speeders in place of greenery, mixed with the fumes of suffering that lingered in the air from the lower levels. Weaving it's way through the traffic, the transport slowly began to feel like the only familiar thing to Catelle.

"We're about a minute out from the Jedi temple, Master Plo." The male pilot, who Catelle had quickly learned was called Griff, called out having been silent for the majority of the flight back. The Jedi master nodded in response and placed a hand on Catelle's shoulder.

"Do not be afraid, little one, I can sense your fear rising." He attempted to offer comforting words towards the fearful youngling, sometimes Catelle forgot that Jedi had heightened senses and could sense her internal conflict.

"I'm not afraid," Lies, "I'm just eager with anticipation," Lies again, "The Jedi temple seems exciting!" Another lie.

Plo Koon looked unconvinced as he raised an eyebrow but decided to not push for the truth having sensed her elevated anxiety. Instead, he stood up and wandered over to the cockpit and stood in between the pilot and co-pilot seat- watching as the ship approached the Jedi landing platform. With a gentle sigh, Catelle stood up from her position on the bench and sheepishly walked over to Plo Koon- standing next to him at a slight distance. Wow. There was no denying that the Jedi temple was breathtakingly outstanding from first sight. Each of the five spires that emerged from what seemed to be the main building stood proudly in the Coruscant sky. For a respectable temple, it seemed to be very show off ish. Not many people could be seen wandering around the temple, perhaps the odd personnel or guard as they approached the hangar.

"It's truly beautiful, sir." Catelle murmured, in awe of the temple's magnificence. Her eyes scanned the temple as she spoke.

"Yes, I agree." Plo Koon looked down at her with a parental eye, having already formed a bond with the youngling.