𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟗 | 𝐋𝐨𝐧𝐠 𝐓𝐢𝐦𝐞 𝐍𝐨 𝐒𝐞𝐞

22 BBY

Radio silence.

For seven years.

Radio silence.

Catelle had heard nothing from her former friends since they had departed from the temple years ago. No comm. No relayed messages. Nothing. Which was surprising to her, considering the fact that the three had been almost inseparable before they left. It felt out of character. But Vereya didn't mind. She no longer had the time to mind or care about what was going on outside of her own life. She had a job to do.

Protect Senator Amidala.

And she had been doing an incredible job at it, well, judging by the fact that there had been no major threats on her life...yet. The senator had dismissed Jedi protection while she was off Coruscant as she was being protected by Captain Typho, a decision that neither the Jedi nor the Chancellor took lightly. However when she arrived back at Coruscant, a bigger attempt on her life was made. It cost her one of her most trusted hand maidens, which truly took a hit on Padmé Amidala.

The Chancellor had requested Amidala to be put under more Jedi protection, much to her disappointment. Apparently, he did not believe that one Jedi was enough- which was curious to say the least. Putting all queries to rest, Catelle escorted Padme back to her room; accompanied by none other than Jar Jar Binks.

"Are you alright, Senator?" The unfortunate senator had been pacing the room for the past hour, without saying a word. Catelle had asked her if she wanted to join her on the settee, but time after time she did not reply. It was her job, of course, to make sure that the young lady was okay both physically and emotionally.

"I will be as soon as they find out who is trying to assassinate me." Padme finally replied after a time of silence, with a sense of uncertainty in her voice.

"They will, Sena-"

"Please, Catelle, call me Padmé. We've known each other for this long I believe all sense of formalities should have been dropped a while ago." The young senator interrupted Vereya as she slowed her pacing to a minimum. The two had been in some uncomfortable situations over the time that Catelle had been assigned on the task, it only felt natural for them to be on a first name basis.

"Yes...Padmé. And I strongly believe that they will find those trying to kill you," The padawan reassured her new found friend, "I promise that we'll figure it out."

They had been protecting the peace across the galaxy for the past seven years

They didn't have time to think about anything else.

Not even her.

They had been travelling through hyperspace on their way back to Coruscant when they received the message.

"Master Kenobi, you and Padawan Skywalker have a message from the temple." The pilot, Griff Domiko, called from the cockpit. To say that he wasn't liked would be an understatement, he treated people rather poorly which made people detest him very quickly. Anakin, however, just did not like his flying.