𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟓 | 𝐊𝐞𝐧𝐨𝐛𝐢

One year later...

Clash!

A collision of green and blue lit up the dark training room. Heat radiating off the light source onto Catelle's skin. Beads of sweat dripped from her forehead as she pushed her opponent back using her unmastered force ability. Readjusting her stance, she focused on the person she had pushed back to attempt to figure out their tactics. As she was slightly distracted, her partner went on the offense and attempted to strike a blow to her side. Reacting quickly, Catelle managed to block the move as she pushed them away with her saber. Attacking from her shoulder, she used a lot of her strength to keep her opponent on their toes as she struck from the other shoulder. The young padawan looked upon her partner who was struggling slightly to keep ahead of her movements, this heightened her confidence as she attempted to strike from her side. Succeeding in her movement, her duelling opponent fell to the floor as she brought her emerald green training lightsaber to their neck.

"Gotcha." Catelle said with a smirk, crouching down to the floor to meet their eyeline.

"I let you win." The other padawan uttered through gasping breaths.

"Sure you did, Kenobi, sure." The girl stood up again and offered her hand to help the boy up.

Taking her hand, he stood up straight and looked down at her, "Since when did you become so capable? It seems only yesterday that you were that babbling youngling that stood sheepishly in front of me."

"Training, I suppose. That and practice, my friend." With a broad smile, she walked over to the side of the room and grabbed her water, taking a sip.

"If Master Qui-Gon finds out that I was bested by a eight year old I shall never hear the end of it." Obi-Wan chuckled as he spoke, knowing full well that if his master found out it would be a running joke.

"Yes, a twenty-four year old lost a training duel against a eight year old. I'll be sure to tell him." Catelle laughed as she wiped the beads of sweat of her forehead. Obi-Wan and her had gotten rather close over the past year, him being the only friend that Catelle had made. Other than when the two were training with each other, Catelle spent the majority of her time clung to the side (metaphorically of course) of her master- watching his moves with such admiration. This led to the young girl having very few friends, however in her mind she blamed this on the Jedi code of not being allowed to have attachment.

"Very funny, Elle. Very funny." In the time that they spent together, Obi-Wan had seemed to develop a nickname for Catelle which she didn't seem to mind.

"Yes, I know I am." She stated with a quiet laugh as she took another swig of her water. In the past year, Catelle had constantly been pushing herself to her limits- pushing away any thoughts of her past. Deep in thought, Catelle wandered over to a window and pulled down on the toggle, opening the covering to see the beautiful city of Coruscant. A city that she had become somewhat familiar with. Learning it's beauty and realising it's faults. The noise of the speeders had become an all too normal sound to fall asleep to. Everything that was different to her home planet was now the new regular. Her eyes followed a speeder as it crossed the sky, the lanes were rather quiet today for a reason that Catelle didn't know. Perhaps everyone was taking a day at home, a day to relax? Relaxing, however, was not on Catelle's agenda.

During her time of thinking, Obi-Wan had wandered over to her and placed a hand on her shoulder. Noticing her attention being elsewhere he cleared his throat in an attempt to grab her attention. No answer.

"Elle?" He tried to regain her attention again but with a more verbal tactic. And again, no response.

"Catelle?" Raising his voice slightly, he tried one last time to bring her attention. With a slight jump, Catelle snapped back to reality.