𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟖 | 𝐀 𝐅𝐞𝐰 𝐆𝐨𝐨𝐝 𝐃𝐚𝐲𝐬

32 BBY

"They're at it again!"

"At this rate we'll never catch up to them."

"They're our padawan's, Master Kenobi, they can't be running amuck on our watch."

"Master Plo if there is one thing I have learnt it's that with Catelle there is no way to slow her down, you know that. And Anakin won't either."

"I know."

As the two Jedi began to scour the corridor's again in a desperate attempt to find their padawan's, a distant snickering could be slightly heard from behind a column. A childish snickering that appeared to be from two young children who didn't seem to have a care in the galaxy. Anakin Skywalker and Catelle Vereya. Force, what bet did the galaxy lose to put those two young padawan's on the same planet?

Hiding from their master's? Probably not the best plan.

Making their day a little brighter? One of the classic always went right plans.

They both had some rough days, that's to say the least. Anakin's days were often a lot worse than Catelle's, and that was never good for either of them. She cared for him, more than she would admit. They had become very close friends in the few months since they first met in the courtyard and that bond that first formed had only gotten stronger over time. Neither of them knew the significance of this or how important it could turn out to be. Anakin was powerful and with Catelle, well, that power had a possibility of growing...

"Okay okay, shh shh." Anakin whispered through small giggles. They both desperately tried to stop laughing to not give themselves away to Master Plo or Master Kenobi but it was proving more difficult for little Catelle.

"Okay- I'm trying- Just- Just gimme a second," Pushing her weight against the wall, she tried to compose herself. Her eyes closed during a desperate intake of air as she covered her mouth with the palm of her hand, sliding down the pillar and sinking down to the floor. Anakin swiftly joined her and rested his blonde head of hair against her shoulder, "Alright, I'm good."

"Good." Catelle couldn't see the boy's face but she knew he was smiling, she could feel it.

They had planned to do something, something exciting like they usually do. Sometimes it's running around the archives and annoying the force out of Madame Jocasta Nu. Other times it's messing around with speeders...and then having to fix said speeders that they messed around with. Today, they wanted to visit the younglings that trained with Master Yoda, much to the disappointment of their masters who had already planned a full day of training. And it wasn't the first time they pulled a stunt like this. Running from Obi-Wan and Plo had become somewhat of a hobby for the pair, not a great hobby but a hobby all the same.

But today was different. Catelle was tired, and Anakin knew it. Anakin often couldn't sleep, getting awoken by taunting nightmares practically every night. Normally, he would just lie in his cot staring at the ceiling just waiting until his eyes failed him but the previous night someone else's worries were keeping him awake. He hated it. He thought that he was the only person that could be sad in the Jedi temple because all the other Jedi seemed emotionless to him.

She was panting.

Her eyes were drooping.

She was yawning more frequently.

But most of all, she had no energy to properly enjoy their time together.

He had always known that his friend had a reputation for pushing herself beyond her own limits. He had seen it, Master Obi-Wan had seen it, Master Plo Koon had seen it, practically everyone knew that she was reckless when it came to her own health. Nevertheless, no matter how many times people would tell her to take some time she would never listen.