Blackmail material

Normal POV

~

Lavinia hated everyone in the English royal family except one, Benjamin Menci. 

He was the second in line to the English throne, and the family outcast. He was the kid that the king used to his advantage, his throwaway kid. He was sent to France for the summer in an attempt to find a lovesick, desperate, titled women who would prove useful to the  English. He was sent on his own with nothing but some money. He wandered until he found the Lavinia's Palace. 

He recognized it immediately by the fancy gold, and crystal patterns on the accent wall gate. He tried to leave before someone caught him, but a guard drew his sword to Benjamin's neck and brought him inside. 

"No! Please I'll leave now!" Benjamin said as he struggled to get out of the guards grasp. 

The guard didn't respond instead led him into a large room, big enough to be a ball room. The walls encrusted with gold in special patterns. He was filled with fear. there was a big window above a jewel incrusted throne. He couldn't see who sat upon the throne until she walked down from the sunlight to reveal her face.

"Prince Benjamin of England, Fancy seeing you here." Lavinia said with a smile. 

"Please don't hurt me, I beg of you!" Benjamin pleaded before Lavinia. 

"Me? Hurt you? Of course not! My parents are the evil ones remember? " Lavinia replied, her voice softening to accompany Ben's horrified tone.  

Benjamin looked up to her, she smiled as she held out a hand. 

"I didn't mean to stumble across your palace, Your grace." Ben said as he took Lavinia's hand and stood up.  

"Oh, please. Call me Lavinia. It is alright! But what brings you to France?" Lavinia retaliated. 

"My father, He wanted me to become familiar to France, to better understand it!" Benjamin lied.

Lavinia drew a sword, incrusted in jewels and held it to Ben's neck. "Tell me the truth darling, and I won't have to end your precious life." Lavinia Threatened, tracing his chin with the sword.

"fine, He sent me here to spy. he wanted information to make sure the Italians didn't give you an advantage," Benjamin answered, a tear escaping his eye.

Lavinia lowered her sword and wiped his tear. "Good, now you must stay!" She smiled and grabbed his arm with one hand, and put her sword away with the other. 

They began walking out of the gold encrusted throne room into the beautiful encrusted halls. This palace seemed nicer then the official royal palace. They walked for a while talking until Benjamin asked,

"Do you live here all the time? or do you just come here for vacation?" 

"I live here every day unless there is an event, my friends and sister live here too. I wanted my own fancy property to live in until I become queen," Lavinia replied giving ben a sweet smile. 

"That's lovely, I wish my parents would let me move out for a little while, not like i have a chance of becoming king anyway," Ben replied giving of a slight laugh. 

Lavinia smiled, "So, it is getting quite late," She looked over to a nearby servant," Irene here will show you to a room!" 

The servant was dressed in a brown dress and white apron, she had a fluffy duster in her hand and was dusting a pot of lilies until Lavinia said something. She turned and curtsied, "Yes your grace" She said with a slight smile. She led ben to a room  and Lavinia walked off to be greeted by her friend. 

"Sooo, flirting with the prince of England are you Lavinia?" Freya asked. 

Freya Gomez was Lavinia's best friend, she was a wealthy and titled women from Scotland, she was here on order of her queen as a form of friendship between Scotland and France. 

"He was here on a spy mission and stumbled across my palace. How idiotic of him," Lavinia replied as she sat down on the chair next to Freya's. She had a small table with milk and bread, looking over the nearby mountains. 

"He told you!?" she asked in disbelief.

"He lied at first but then I introduced him to my new decoration sword!" Lavinia replied smiling off into the distance and letting out a short giggle.  

"Wow, that could cause war you know that?" Freya replied, taking a sip of her milk.

"Yes I know, but my parents still have secrets to spill, they wouldn't dare," Lavinia replied. 

Freya looked at Lavinia and failed to reply, they both just sat there for 20 minutes or so staring out into the distance. 

Lavinia had always been a girl to not worry. If Lavinia was worried about something, it was bad. She was the person to always have a plan. 

But despite her threats, Benjamin was still able to gather information and send it back to his brother in England. The way he did it.. its best not mentioned. 

~

Years later, Carlos made it very clear to Lavinia that if she did anything, everything he knew would be let out. This did not worry Lavinia though, she was a calm girl. Not one for war unless started by another. She did not enjoy war, who would. She was one to read in libraries for hours, and still somehow manage to keep her kingdom in order. 

Lavinia built her reign off respect, and kindness to those who deserve it. Which is why it was rare for war to break out. 15 year old Lavinia was perhaps the most calm. You'd think the knowledge of her parents worst enemy knowing all her secrets would scare her, but all she did when informed of it was make sure not to piss off the English. 

She made it very hard for the English to get a reason to start war, which made Carlos' blood boil. Lavinia Irvine never let him get to her, which is what he hated most. He hated how she couldn't be hurt mentally. Every time Carlos would say something to try to get to her, she would reply with a simple smile, and would go talk to some other guy. Carlos hated it. 

He would send her a letter warning her, one slip up and she would be over. But she just replied with a weirdly genuine check up letter.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Dear her grace, Lavinia Rae Irvine, Queen of France.

I hope you are doing well, my dear. I just wanted to send to let you know that we still have those secrets. If you do anything to make England angry, we will not hesitate to strike back. I hope you're doing well,

your dear friend,                                                                                                                                                                     Carlos Cam Menci.\

Dear his grace, Carlos Cam Menci, Prince of England.

Hello my darling, I am doing well! Thank you for asking. I will do my best not to make you or England upset as everything I do never has the intention to hurt. I have started a new book, It reminds me of England. It is about a kingdom who maintains such peace, until a princess rebels. The serene calmness of your kingdom reminds me of this book. The English duchess you sent to marry has been well married off to a powerful noblemen. You know that of course, as you sent her. My new Chateau is being built, I'm basing it off of your famous Chateau in London. but enough about me. How are you? Thank you for sending a letter reminding me for I tend to forget about things, it must be the stress of tension rising in Italy. 

Your dear Ally, Lavinia Rae Irvine.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

AUTHORS NOTE; sorry if this is short, I promise it gets better.