I hate you, but not with my heart.

Because of the stress, Lavinia and carlos had completely changed. Now Lavinia was the one hating carlos, and he was the one seeing it as a fun game of cat and mouse. She hated it. Though she felt that she somehow deserved it. Though she never showed it she overthought everything. She worried, and she hated how she was viewed as an emotionless, yet kind, queen. 

Carlos on the other hand just took things how they were, didn't twist them by thinking. Maybe that's why they hated each other, they were polar opposites. Thinking about it neither of them could really understand why they hated each other. but they ignored it.

  Most of the distance they traveled was in silence, Carlos giving Lavinia the occasional glance or Lavinia smiling like a creep out of nowhere, 

"why do you keep doing that?" Carlos asked noticing the smiles she gave at odd times.

"Just thinking about someone," She muttered, smiling to herself like an idiot. 

"You're thinking about ben aren't you?" Carlos stated, looking at Lavinia while she looked forward towards the tree line of a forest they were approaching.

"Of course I am. you know I lost my best friend, not just my ex lover," She muttered," If he was but my ex lover I wouldn't care, but I do." 

Carlos stayed silent as she allowed herself to slouch back onto him. He pondered her words, he truly didn't think of their friendship as anything non-political. He hated questioning himself but his curiosity took the better of him.

"Why do you think they took him, Lavinia?" He sighed, trying to not sound sad or weak in front of her.

Lavinia tensed up, that was presumably the first time he said her first name to address her. She hated to think upon the topic but she knew why.

"Because, He knows things about you. And me," she said, hesitant to reveal, "He knows things about me not even Amaris knows, Love."

Carlos froze at the nickname, although he didn't hate it he wasn't exactly used to it. He didn't want to think about anything other then ben at the moment but he couldn't help it. She said it as if it was nothing. He thought she hated him with all her heart, Which was true. She hated him, but not exactly with all her heart. 

It was almost the exact opposite, she hated him with her head, but her heart? She didn't exactly know what her heart thought about her annoyingly just-her-type enemy.