Drawing closer

When they reached Milan, it had been 2 hours since the attack. Lavinia was shaking and Carlos was panting. 

"Are you alright?" Carlos asked as he reached a hand and put it on Lavinia's back to steady her. 

Her breathing was out of sync and Carlos was getting worried she was having a panic attack. He placed his other hand on her shoulder and looked into her eyes, she looked away and he sighed. He reached the hand that was on her right shoulder to grab her face hardly and make her look at him. 

She looked and he spoke, "Breathe with me," His voice was a calm demanding. She obeyed him for once and breathed with him. 20 minutes was how long it took her to get calm again. The words wouldn't stop playing in her head and Carlos knew what she was thinking about. 

She let down a part of her wall and allowed herself to hug him. But when she did he winced in pain, then she noticed red bleeding through his shirt. She gasped and her lips went into a line. She grabbed his hands tight and dragged him through the streets. 

She led him to a fancy courthouse manor, she dragged him passed carts and horses and hurried as fast as she could. She knocked on the door harshly and spoke something in French, then a women opened the door and dragged her in harsh. She was dressed in a maid outfit but her posture made her look important.

"What have you done Lavinia." The women spoke, 

"I'm trying to save my best friend and god so help me if you speak to me like that again I will not HESITATE to hang you," She yelled, "Now where is a private room and get me some first aid supplies." 

The women nodded her head with wide eyes and pointed into a room on the opposite side of the hall. Lavinia grabbed carlos' hand and led him to it and made me go inside. it was surprisingly decorated for a hospital room, again you could tell this was Lavinia's property from the inside because of the gold and diamond. 

Carlos was surprised at first that she would send this much into Italy but then he remembered Maxen's words, "What, you think the slut only went after your now, half dead brother?"

He still shuddered at those words. The women came back into the room and handed Lavinia a box. She offered to help but all Lavinia did was glare and shoo her away. She made Carlos sit on a fancy couch while she got out cloth, a can of water, and gauze. She tried to sit next to him, 

Then kneel in front of him, He liked that position. 

"Ok, I give up, let me sit on your lap."

"What?"

"Let me sit on my lap if you don't want to bleed out. your shirt being so goddamn tight and me are the only things keeping you from the Devil right now Menci."

Carlos didn't like the way she said his last name, but he put his legs together and she sat, then unbuttoned his shirt and began working on the blood. She wiped, and wiped. But halfway through she felt something poking up at her. She smirked a bit, but then made her face go back to being straight and continued. Every few minutes he would groan or gasp and it wasn't easy for her to concentrate. 

She was doing fine nonetheless, until he groaned surprisingly Loud after she pushed on it too hard. She gasped and looked up to his tired looking eyes, he smiled at her 

"I'm fine, keep going." He commanded with a sleepy voice. 

She said nothing and continued, but her mind wouldn't stop thinking about the stick poking her.  She was flustered and she could tell he knew. She finished with the gauze. She got up and unwillingly her eyes trailed to his waist, then downward.

She looked flustered, her eyes showed it but she hoped they didn't. Carlos followed her eyes then smirked.

"what, gonna fix that too?"