The Wedding

BEFORE THIS CHAPTER STARTS, PLEASE NOTE THAT THIS INCLUDES MENTION OF DRUGS, ATTEMPTED SEXUAL ASSAULT,  AND MURDER. PLEASE LEAVE IF THIS TRIGGERS YOU, IT IS NEVER MY INTENTION TO TRIGGER YOU. 

It's been three years since Lavinia had last seen Carlos. She had now turned 17, and out of respect was going to attend Carlos' sisters wedding to the prince of Spain. 

"You're now ready to go to England your grace," A servant said as she bowed to Lavinia.

"Thank you, you may go," Lavinia replied grabbing her book. 

She was off, in a carriage to a docking post on the way to England. She sat on the velvet seat and looked out at the trees.

"What is it Lav?" Amaris asked, studying Lavinia.

"Nothing 'Maris," Lavinia said, not breaking her gaze from the window. 

There was silence. Lavinia often said she was fine when she was not, this time it was about England. She hated to admit it but her parents almost got the king and queen killed. She defended her parents because that was the expectation. Plus she couldn't make things right if the nobles took her crown. They loved Lavinia's parents, if Lavinia dared go against her parents, she'd be killed.

The carriage stopped near a small village, "This way your Majesties," the coachmen said leading Lavinia and Amaris to a path. They walked, Amaris looking all around them with a curious expression and Lavinia with a sweet smile every minute or so. They walked for about 10 minutes before reaching the ship. It would be 2 days before the reached English land. 

~~~~~~~~ Meanwhile in England ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Why on earth would you let the Queen of France come to Andromeda's wedding?!" Carlos shrieked at his father.

"Because unlike you and this pathetic family I don't hate Lavinia. Neither does mom! "Andromeda replied. 

"Her parents almost got us killed!" Carlos yelled back. 

"Yes, her parents. not her. James Irvine and Mary Irvine did that, not once did Lavinia Irvine do anything wrong to us!" Carlos' mother yelled from the other room, walking in shortly after.

"She hates me!" Carlos screamed.

"That's not my problem! She probably hates us because of expectation Carlos!" His sister shrieked while sitting down.

Carlos opened his mouth to say something but couldn't spit out anything else.

"You do not have a say in this carlos. This is My wedding  not yours, Let it go," Andromeda said," I invited her because I have been writing with her, she is very sweet. If you took the time to talk to her i bet you'd feel the same way!"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ 2 days later~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Please welcome, Lavinia Rae Irvine, The Queen of France, And her sister Amaris Venice Irvine!" 

Lavinia and Amaris walked in and Curtsied, then Lavinia led them both over to Andromeda and her fiancé.  

"So nice seeing you in person finally your grace," Lavinia said with a smile. 

"Please, the pleasure is mine!" Andromeda smiled and gave a slight bow. 

They both smiled and went their separate ways. Amaris found some guy to talk to while Lavinia scanned the room to try to find him. She failed and went outside to a balcony. I gazed out, too dazed with the view to notice Carlos standing behind her.