Rising Tension

It's been a month and Lavinia is still at the English royal court. She was requested to stay to help Andromeda ready for her new life in Spain. The Germans had done countless things to anger the English and Carlos was getting worried. Lavinia had been acting as if she didn't murder someone at all. Carlos noticed, but it didn't change his hatred. He had gained the tiniest amount of respect for Lavinia, but only to please Benjamin.

   Lavinia noticed how worried carlos had been getting, and she was worried herself. The French weren't exactly friends with the German, They were rumored to be starting a war between the French and themselves before Lavinia got crowned Queen, and now she's wondering if they didn't to give the new queen a chance. Maybe they were just now starting a war, maybe Lavinia's rumored Friendship with England made her vulnerable. Those thoughts worried her for a bit, but she hid it the best she could.

   They had sent spies, said spies had been caught an executed. Which only angered the Germans more. The Germans were power hungry and powerful. Lavinia was worried for her new friends in England, she had made many during her time here. She didn't want England to fall, as much as she hated carlos she loved many more. But the Germans didn't scare France and Lavinia made that very clear. 

"Lavinia, Does Germany scare you?" Benjamin asked just as Carlos walked in.

Lavinia glanced over to him, "Not at all, I worry about England though."

"Why do you worry for us Irvine?" Questioned Carlos, he had become more suspicious of Lavinia throughout the month.

"I worry about my friends, Amaris, Benjamin, there's much to worry about Menci," Lavinia replied not taking her eyes off the window.

"So you guys are on last name basis now?" Benjamin asked mockingly

Carlos glared at him from across the table, "Yes, we are."

Lavinia kept eating and singing to herself for a while.

"What are you reading Lavinia?" Benjamin asked.

"My poetry, why?" Lavinia replied.\

"You write poetry? Wow is there anything 'Little miss perfect' doesn't do?" Carlos mocked from across the table. 

"I don't put up with entitled people telling me what to do acting like I am not the QUEEN OF FRANCE," Lavinia yelled. She slammed her bread on the table and turned to leave. Before she left she took a deep breath and turned around with her innocent smile and looked at Benjamin, "Thank you for breakfast, darling." 

  She smiled and left. Carlos looked at Benjamin with a surprised look on his face, was Lavinia crazy? 

"She's right you know," Carlos' mother said walking in," You need to stop treating her like she isn't the one person who would be crazy enough to risk helping us if Germany wages war."

  Carlos thought about it and yes. Although he hated to think about it, if war broke out she would be the only person he could turn to. She was powerful. Carlos' father built his reign on fear, a decision he would later come to regret. Lavinia on the other hand built her reign on trust, and kindness. She had the trust of her people, her nobles, and the church. Nobody suspected her of anything. They never expected anything from her. She had kept France out of war for all of her reign, and she doesn't fight unless she had too. 

   Germany was her only exception, they were power hungry for her kingdom. And she would NOT give up her crown. That throne was hers by blood. Germany had allies, Italy. Powerful allies. Carlos knew this too, which is why he worried so much. Germany was fierce and loyal, to Italy.  Italy only. 

 ~

    "Lavinia!" Andromeda said from the other side of the room, "I'm leaving soon Lav! Come help me pack my day clothes!"