8.Im here Selection Day!!

We move inside the bullet train and seat, when the bullet train move and they already say their goodbyes to their family, the atmosphere turn gloomy and the kids are crying saying that they don't want to be picked.

Although the train is full and every seat is taken off, everyone are frozen in terror or crying.

All their fathers console them saying it's okay since they'll only pick 20 out of 1000, the probability to be pick is low but still, it didn't mean that you won't be picked.

I happen to overheard the conversation of a father with his crying boy while pointing at me "You see that boy" his son nodded, the father spoke again and now pointing at my katana "You see that katana? That boy killed a strong Pokemon named rypherior in the city, that boy is famous and he's, I'm sure if you convince him enough he can teach you the art of swords if you happen to be picked, since I know he will volunteer"

All the people in my surrounding look at me and feel somewhat reassured, when people look at my direction, the others become curious why all the people are looking there and look at my direction and ask, this continue in the front of the train and end of the train.

The people look at me in relief and say "He's kind and look mature, I'm sure if my daughter will be picked in this year batch of trainers, he will help them" "Yeah" "I hope so" all the people chat with each other while looking at me with doubt, reassurement and hope.

Father heard this and look at me then said "Are you going to protect them son? If so you're going to bear a heavy job and it's to be the leader of this year batch"

I look at my father and said "Yeah, I'm up for it" and I look at the people "Don't worry if your son or daughter happen to be picked, I'm going to protect and care for them" I declare with a reassuring smile.

I turn around and look at the window 'I can't protect and supervise the other trainers in these year batch, since I have to look for my team of Pokemon'

*sigh* 'I still have to do my best to help them and for them to not rely too much on me'

The bullet train stop and the doors open. I leave the train with my father and head to the headquarters where the selection will happen.

I look around to my surrounding and found out that all gaze is on me, Every person I saw are nervous and scared.

'*sigh* I know there's some oddball that may think taming or catching a Pokemon is easy but after they found out that most of the people that are selected to become a trainer die, they didn't underestimate it again and they become cautious, specially there are those trainer who comeback without arms or limbs. When they saw a trainer like that walking in the streets to go to it's home, they're terrified since who will do that other than a Pokemon. That's why there's no kids here that look confident.

Now we come to stop at a big gate and inside is the doom of the kids.

*creak* *creak* *sound of a gate opening*

The gate open up and the kids cry even though their age is 11-15, they cry since their parents can't come inside and just wait at the gate.

The parents become terrified, anxious and scared, some burst into cry and some curse but the kids are forced to come inside by the trainers since they didn't dare to leave their parents and come inside.

The trainers got some punch, kicks and bite marks since the crying kids won't come inside, this time they didn't care about their age, the only thing they care is to not come inside.

But after some time we were now inside and look at the 4 persons at the stage.

"Welcome all of you, I know you know what day is this"

"It's"

"Selection Day"

Fear struck all the kids in the area, well except me, all the people here are only thinking one thing "Not me...Not me....Plsss...Not me"

"I know some of you already know me but some of you don't, so I'm going to introduce myself, I'm Gustavan Peri and I'm the mayor of the central district of this city" said the mayor, the mayor wore a black hat with a ribbon and a black suit and black pants with a stick in his hand like your typical mayor.

"This four at my side is my companions"

"I'm Mia Arkami and I'm the champion of this year and city" said the beautiful blonde woman in her 30's, her eyes is brown and she wore a jet black boots from head to toe, and a white long jacket that flutters in the wind"

"I'm Ron Torah and I'm the Leader of the Police force" said the burly man around his 50's, His hair is auburn and he wore a police uniform and a police captain's hat. This man stand firmly while crossing his arms with each other.

"I'm May Seseponia I'm the one who's in charge of the trainers town, I'm going to be in charge of the picked trainers from here on out" said the girl with brown hair that braid into two with a ribbon on the end of each.

"Well then let's get this selection start then" the mayor said

A man approached the mayor and give him a device that connected to a large tv and a computer.

*Ding*

Mission : I'm a Volunteer
Description : Volunteer in the trainer selection and become a trainer.

Reward : Pokedex

"Hmmm..." The mayor look at all the children seemingly trying to find someone but shrugged it off since he can't see it.

"But before we start, can I ask if there's a volunteer here!" The mayor said loudly with a speaker in his hand

The atmosphere turn from gloomy to silent.

"Me!!!"