15.Out of the Walls

The city state had six gate leading out at roughly all four major cardinal in a shape of a hexagon.

The gate directly pointing south opened to the Wetlands. The south-western gate leads to Savannah. The south-eastern gate leads to Grassland. The north-eastern and western gate led to the Forest. Finally, the northern gate leads the way to the mountain ranges.

The remaining days leading up to our Ordeal pass away quickly. Mr.Oran came to our building everyday to give us more lectures and advice.

The day of the Ordeal finally came. We were woken up early and taken to the cafeteria. We are told to eat quickly then head out to the station when we're ready. Once were done we dropped off our trays in the kitchen and headed to the station.

Once we arrived at the station we saw Mr. Oran and four trainers standing near the seats at the station, waiting for us. Behind him are numerous bags in the seat and the floor, with all the same blue color. We approach him and he count our numbers.

"Now that you're all here, we can begin your Ordeal" He said and gestured to the bags behind him "This backpacks behind me possess several items that you can use on your ordeal. The backpacks all possess the same item so there is no reason to fight over any of them. I will give you 10 minutes to go through the packs and familiarize yourselves with what they contain, Begin now"

We each grabbed a bag and scan the items in the bag. The bags contained roughly a day worth of travel rations and water, there is a hunting knife, a small hatchet, some wires and some rope. A small bottle of Repel spray and a case of medicine. Five bottles of Potion, and the other five for status ailments. Antidote, Awakening, Paralyze heal, Burn heal, and Ice heal.

"Okay 10 minute is up, Choose your gate"

We separate with our yearmates and head to the trainer of our chosen gate. Most of our yearmate decided in the The south-eastern gate which leads to the Grassland. Me, Ella, Leo, Leona and John choose the north-eastern Forest to get our own Pokemon. I can already guess they choose this since, I will perform my Ordeal here.

I specifically decided to the North-eastern since it's a forest and near the north which is the mountain ranges.

We sit at the seat and the bullet train started to move. I take out the Pokedex to examine it's features when suddenly Ella grabbed it "Woah! A pokedex!" She look at me then the pokedex and look at me again with sparkling eyes "Kirito where did you get this?! Can I have one too?" She said "I found it when I'm walking in the trainers district" I said while curiously looking at the pokedex "Can I have this?!" Ella said while brimming with joy thinking that I will give it to her.

"No" I said and Ella gloomed in sadness "*sigh* I'll give you another one, not that"
I said and Ella brim in joy again and hug me "Hehehe Thank you" she said happily.

I open the system shop and buy a pokedex which is 1000 SP. I somehow regret it but I didn't think too much of it since it's for my cute girlfr- Ahem' cousin. When I buy the pokedex I customize it and turn it into pink with ribbons at the top right corner.

I give that to her seemingly out of nowhere but no one notice it. Leo, Leona and John are jealous and ask if I have another which I just shrugged off saying that's all I have. They frown and I retrieve my pokedex.

I take a good look at my pokedex and it's a color red rectangular pad that looks like a pokeball.

You only need to pull each side to reveal the transparent blue screen. Focus the transparent screen in the Pokemon and the information will be relay to you already by a mechanical voice.

Easy right? This is the generation five pokedex not the generation 1.

Ella keep playing in her pokedex till we arrived. We leave the bullet train and follow the trainer that will guide us through the gate. We arrive near the gate and the walls are pretty tall. I thought that the 25 meter walls is just small but it seems that I'm wrong.

Our Guide stop in front the walls and turn around at us "Who's first?" He said and look at all of us "Me" I raise my hand and move forward "Well I'm sure you all already know this but I will still going to tell you. You will have to wait an hour for your turn" They nodded and I wave my hand to them.

Our Guide approach the trainer near the huge gate and chat with him. The guard gestured his hand for me to move toward him. "Kid you're not going to use that huge gate,  you are small so you need small gate" The guard said and point to a big door behind him. "Good luck, don't die kid" The guard said and open the door then pat my shoulders. "Thank you" I mutter and step outside.

The Big door closed and I take a good look outside. Outside there is plain land, the scenery is like a green land because of the lush of small grasses. From a distant you can view the forest. I heard that they purposely cut the trees and set a radius of plain to easily spot Pokemon from the top of the wall.

I walk in the clearing enjoying the wind fluttering my clothes and tickling my ears 'I feel so peaceful here' I started to run and eventually close the distance to the forest.
I spot an abandoned 8 wheeler truck in the distance of 15 meters but didn't mind it. I look at the forest but I stop when I felt something.