1 ~ Morningside

Author's Note
Hello, this is my first attempt at writing fanfiction, so don't expect a novel resembling that of J.K.Rowling.
Thanks for reading, and hopefully there will be more parts soon.
Feel free to comment and ☆

________________________________________________

Cara strolled along the pavement, dragging her suitcase behind her. She wasn't quite sure what made her want to go on this trip in the first place. She was completely on her own, in a city she had never been in before. But at least it was pretty.

Glancing up, she stood in awe of the amazing buildings of central Edinburgh towering over her.

It was the first day of her kind-of-holiday, and she just wanted to walk around for a bit, admiring and getting to know the area. Well, that, and the fact that she couldn't find her hotel and Google Maps was sending her round in circles.

In front of her, she found a large map of the city.
How convenient.

She thought, and giggled to herself a little.

Her eyes scanned the board to the 'you are here' mark, and then looked for her hotel.

Pulling out her booking order, she compared the map on the printout to the map infront of her.

Morningside, morningside....
Ah! There it is!

She placed her finger on the hotel and tried to map a route from her current position. This she found a lot harder than what she originally assumed.

Sighing, she pulled out her phone to take a picture of the map. She stepped backwards to get the whole map in the shot, and crashed into a man walking past.

"Oh God, I'm so sorry!" She muttered, picking up the papers he had just dropped.

"No, I'm sorry, I walked right into you," the man chuckled in a thick, Scottish accent that Cara immediately fell in love with.

She helped him recover the rest of the papers, and quickly glanced at them, realising it was some sort of script.

Handing the papers out for the man, she looked right into his piercing blue eyes, realising how handsome he was.

He was a little taller than her, and his smile was warm - making it hard not to smile back. His dark hair curled slightly on top of his head and his almost-ginger-stubble excentuated his chiseled jawline, which was near perfect.

He looks just like James McAvoy. She thought, before quickly dismissing the idea.
Can't be.

Realising she was staring, Cara swiftly dropped her eyes to the piece of paper she was still clutching.

"Where are you headed to then?" He grinned, and she showed him the map on her printout.

"Ah, the Morningside Hotel, that's where I'm staying! In fact, I was just headed back there myself, I'll show you the way," his accent made Cara's heart beat just a little faster.

"Thank you so so much! That's great, I thought I'd just be wandering around here like a headless chicken for days!" She went bright red as she realised how stupid that statement must've sounded, but he just laughed and stuck out his hand.

"I'm James, by the way,"

No. No, it can't possibly be.
But can it?

She stuffed her papers into her coat pocket, and shook his hand.

"I'm Cara."

"Great to meet you Cara, can I help you with your bags?" he asked, gesturing to her large duffle bag and suitcase.

"No, it's fine, I can manage." she lied.

"I insist!" James laughed, and Cara gave in - handing him the duffle bag.

"So," He began as he lead the way to the hotel.

"I assume you're not from round here?" he questioned.

"You assume correctly, I'm from London," She laughed and he chuckled back, and turned to face her.

"Great place," he nodded.

"And what about you?" Cara asked, continuing the conversation. "I assume you aren't from 'round here' either; seeing as you're staying at the hotel - but you're definitely Scottish!"

He laughed and ran his fingers through his hair. Cara found this extremely sexy.

"You assume correctly." he said, putting on an English accent - mocking her answer to the same question he had asked previously.

She playfully shoved his arm, after which he fake-wobbled and grinned with a wink. Cara felt her heart flutter at the gesture.

"I'm from Glasgow. Born and raised." he laughed as they reached the Morningside Inn.

"Well, here you have it." James opened his arms in a 'ta-dah' fashion, and Cara laughed as followed him towards the doors.

Entering the building, she walked up to the reception desk, where the receptionist completely ignored her, and instead turned to James with a smile.

"Good afternoon Mr McAvoy," she grinned, and he smiled slightly before muttering in agreement, a hint of annoyance in his eyes. Luckily, the receptionist didn't seem to notice; and Cara was too busy doing mental somersaults to notice also.
It IS James McAvoy. Oh my goodness.

She tried to contain her excitement, but could feel her cheeks reddening.

James broke the awkward silence by clearing his throat and handing Cara her bag with a smile.

"Thank you so much!" She grinned, taking back the bag.

"It was my pleasure. See you around," he winked and Cara nodded in response, watching him walk up the stairs behind the desk.

She handed her printout to the woman at the desk who snatched it off her angrily.

Cara looked back up to James. As he reached the small landing where the steps split into two separate staircases, he turned and pointed at the receptionist, then mimed loading a gun and shooting her in the back of the head repeatedly.

Cara tried to stifle the laugh building inside her, but she couldn't stop herself - doubled over and let out a huge cackle.

The receptionist gave her a filthy look and glanced behind her, trying to determine the cause of the laughter, but James had already run off up the stairs.

Cara recieved her key card and welcome pack, then took the lift to her room.

Settling down, and unpacking her bags, she thought about how she had just met the James McAvoy.
James actual McAvoy.

Maybe this little trip wasn't such a bad idea after all.