10 ~ Prepare to Premiere

Waking up, Cara turned over to find James fast asleep. She checked the alarm clock: 9:00am.

Slipping out of bed, she quietly shuffled into the kitchen, still half-asleep.

She poured herself some coffee which woke her up a bit more, and began to make bacon and eggs.

She put the radio on - quiet, so it wouldn't wake James - and continued making breakfast.

Then there was a loud crash from the bedroom, followed by a small cry:

"Ah shit!" James moaned.

"You alright in there?" Cara laughed, and walked towards the source of the noise.

"Yeah," James said, walking out of the bedroom and rubbing his eyes. "I tripped over the plant." he chuckled, and Cara frowned at him.

"You're so clumsy," she laughed, and went back to making breakfast.

"I was going to creep up on you, but that clearly didn't go according to plan." James laughed, sitting on the worktop.

"Ah well," Cara grinned, and he jumped down off the side, and pulled her into a hug.

At first she was startled, but then she laughed and tried to continue her breakfast-making.

James chuckled again, and walked over to the lounge. He turned up the radio, and Cara spun around - raising an eyebrow.

James returned the look, and started dancing. Cara shook her head, laughing, and plated up the bacon and eggs.

She brought the plates over to where James was dancing, but he grabbed her wrists and forced her to put them down.

Cara laughed as James twirled her around, and they started dancing. They laughed as they jumped around to 'uptown funk' and James grinned as Cara sang along.

The dancing was soon interfered by three familiar knocks at the door, and James sighed as he let Michael in.

Cara laughed and went back to her breakfast, falling onto the sofa and switching on the TV.

"Great singing, by the way," Michael winked and Cara covered her face with her hands in embarrassment.

Michael laughed and grabbed a cup of coffee, before sitting down with Cara and James.

"Excited for tonight then?" he asked.

"Nervously excited," Cara added.

"There's nothing to be nervous about," James laughed, and Cara nodded.

"I know, I know, and I don't actually know what I'm nervous about - I've just got butterflies in my stomach." she said, and Michael laughed.

"Anyway, we've got to get to the stylists for 1, so we best get going sooner or later," he said, and James and Cara finished their breakfast and got ready.

A couple of hours later, they were in the same changing rooms as a couple of days before.

Cara put on her dress, and a woman and a man rushed around her, making final adjustments.

About half an hour after that, Cara was allowed to put her own clothes back on, and she went to sit down in the lounge area, before drinking about 3 bottles of water.

"You might want to calm it with the water," James laughed as he walked over and sat down next to her.

"Sorry, just trying to drown the butterflies," she said, pointing to her stomach.

James laughed. "Stop worrying so much! We've still got hours yet anyway,"

"I know, I just haven't done anything like this before," she chuckled, leaning her head on his chest and putting down her (fourth) bottle of water.