4 ~ An Evening To Remember

Cara arrived back at the hotel around 5 o'clock.

She hauled her bags up to her room and collapsed on the sofa.

Hopping in the shower, she tried to calm the rapidly increasing amount of butterflies in her stomach. It didn't work.

She wrapped her hair in a towel and put on some sweatpants and a t-shirt and proceeded to made herself a cup of tea - again a small attempt to calm herself.

She watched TV whilst she drank her tea then realised it was about 6pm.

An hour. One whole hour. I can do this.

She quickly dried and straightened her hair, then she decided against that and curled it. After drowning herself in hairspray, she did her makeup, and put on her dress.

It was 6:45.

Grabbing a pair of black heels, she filled up her clutch, and paced around the hotel room.

She sprayed her favourite perfume on her neck and wrists, and then made another cup of tea.

Breathe.

She drank her tea and ate approximately 5 breath mints. She was beginning to panic now.

Okay, calm yourself Cara. He wants to go on a date with you, and you want to go on a date with him. Not going to lie - you look stunning in this dress. She twirled in front of the mirror. See? Gorgeous.

Thinking managed to calm her down a little, but the knock at the door suddenly reawakened the swarm of butterflies in her stomach.

Smoothing down her dress, she walked over to the door and took three deep breaths before opening it.

James stood straight with his hands held behind his back. He wore a black suit and matching tie. The suit jacket was open, revealing a white shirt underneath. The top button was undone, making him look a little scruffy - Cara liked it.

"Cara, y-you look," he muttered, speechless. Cara blushed and giggled nervously.

"I mean wow," James managed to say, looking her up and down. "Just... wow." he grinned and ran his fingers through his hair the way Cara loved - making her blush even more.

"You don't scrub up so bad yourself McAvoy," she smirked and he laughed and offered her his arm.

"So where are you taking me then?" Cara asked as she linked arms with him and pulled the door shut.

"That's for me to know and you to find out." James winked as they walked down the stairs.

"Fine." Cara frowned as they walked out of the hotel door and towards a taxi waiting on the drive.

James walked up to the taxi and opened the back door, gesturing for Cara to get in. She stepped in, smiling.

"Ever the gentleman, James," she laughed and James winked before closing the door and jogging round to the other side. He climbed in, and whispered their destination to the driver.

"Oh come on! Just tell me!" Cara whined and James laughed at her and shook his head.

Driving through Edinburgh, Cara watched the buildings out of the window. The car turned up a small road and revealed a beautiful view of the castle.

"The view is amazing!" Cara gasped as she took it all in, then turned to James. He looked at her and smiled.

"My view isn't so bad either," he winked and Cara blushed and punched his arm.

"Oi! That was uncalled for," he laughed - pretending to be hurt and rubbing his arm.

"I feel it was quite justified." Cara grinned, turned back to the window, and continued to admire the view.