Chapter 1: Missing The Details

A/N: I do not own the Star Wars nor the Middle Earth worlds, they belong to Mister Lucas and Mister Tolkien respectively as do their characters. I make no money off of this story, it is purely for entertainment purposes and exercising creativity.

I do own the characters Thannis and Ruun aswell as the plot of this story.

Thank you to my wonderful Beta NixNox for all the assistance, ideas and support. :)

Chapter 1: Missing The Details

*Rakata Prime, 19 BBY - defunct research facility on the Northern Island*

Order 66 had come sudden, quick and unexpected. Master Thannis troops turned on her in the blink of an eye. Her copper coloured lightsaber danced through the air deflecting bolts as she looked for some sort of barrier to put between herself and the clones. She was loathe to kill those who'd served with her up till moments ago but they were very quickly leaving her little choice. Her force barrier was slowly dwindling it was only so long she could hold it up with her concentration being split between looking for roadblocks and watching for more troops.

"Stand down." A hoarse voice broke over the blaster fire, clearly force amplified.

Just like that the clone troopers ceased fire only training their blaster rifles at her now.

The Jedi frowned, suddenly feeling another more powerful presence among the troops. How had she not felt it before? Her saber and barrier at the ready, Linshara Thannis calmed herself down, readying for another sudden onslaught of battle. Slowly, she inched back as they gained on her, corralling her slowly into the main chamber of the complex she had been assigned to guard with her assigned troops.

She'd never felt such a presence before, dark, passionate, encompassing, malevolent. Linshara realized she didn't know where it came from. The door behind her opened and the troops stopped. "Come in, Jedi. I've been waiting a long time to face your kind finally."

Linshara turned towards where she thought the voice was coming from, the far end of the inner chamber. The chamber which seemed to be active. Something she was supposed to ensure wouldn't happen. Unknown, experimental tech of Rakatan design never bode well.

"Reveal yourself, faceless one." Linshara called in an accented, mezzo soprano tone.

The door behind her slid closed, the distinct hiss of a locking mechanism telling her she was locked in. Suddenly her eyes widened and she turned to her right and looked up. Now she knew the presence. Now she recognized it. The presence of the Dark Side. The Jedi suspected there were more Sith around than the solitary Zabrak, Darth Maul Master Kenobi killed on Naboo years ago. They just couldn't prove it. Until now, until the sudden turn of the clone troops.

"Why certainly, little Sage Jedi." A dark robed figure stepped forward from one of the alcoves, a dark red light saber extended and ready to draw blood.

Linshara stiffened as she caught glimpses of red skin, yellow eyes and cranial ridges and horns. Pureblood Sith were rarely seen outside the Empire.

"I would know my enemy, Sith. I am Master Linshara Thannis of the Jedi Order." Her own, copper coloured lightsaber stood at the ready as she called upon the telekinetic Force around her.

There was no illusion for Linshara, the Sith would fight her, he would try to kill her. She would try to do the same. ~Do or do not. There is no try.~ Words of a wise little green Master came back to her.

"Adorable how polite you Jedi try to be. Very well, since you will be dead soon enough, I shall indulge you. Darth Kallus Ruun of the Sith Empire." He grinned menacingly at her as he jumped down to her level with flourish. "You should be honoured little Sage that you will die by my hand rather than off a blaster."

"You talk a lot, Sith." With that she released a massive force wave towards him violently and put her barrier up.

The wave hit him with considerable force and brought him momentarily to his knees. Recovering quickly he released a lightning salvo at the blonde Jedi which she managed to jump away from. The lightning hit one of the devices in the back which began to make a noise. The noise seemed to go unnoticed by the two as both now leaped into the air and released massive Force energy at each other. The energies collided sending a feedback wave in their directions, slamming each into an end of the room.

Linshara used the Force to give her run towards him extra speed as she tried to inflict pain in his head as a maner of distraction which seemed to simply bounce off him. Blade extended she swung at him deftly, dodging and blocking his own. To an onlooker it would almost appear as a dance. Were it not for the quickly building rage and the near desperate attempts to remain calm and in control.

She felt an enormous push all of a sudden before a burst of lightning hit her and some kind of a purple mist. The mist seemed to drain her strength while the lightning slowed her movements. It was almost burning her nerves. Linshara let out a howl of pain as she tried to push the Sith back who was now advancing at her again, his saber dangerously close to her.

At the last moment she managed to force push him away and let off a small burst of healing energy which seemed to only stave off the effects of the mist. Her barrier was up again, albeit weakened as she deflected and swung back at him sending out small energy drains of her own. Thannis let off a series of stronger force attacks each slamming into the Sith with enormous force pushing him back and down bit by bit. At the same time though, in her weakened state her strength was drained faster than normal.

So focused were they on each other that they didn't see a rift in the space between two pylons of the device that was still making noise.

Sabers clashed again, the Sith having the advantage of size and reach, Linshara's own flexiblity and speed diminished by the drain. Pushing him back again she released another force wave at him which threw him to his back with a violent howl. Linshara wasted little time and jumped, readying another force attack. He managed to use his saber and his powers to absorb all the energy and redirect it back at her.

It hit her barrier hard and it fizzled out eventually. She stumbled backward, her back facing the growing rift. Another burst of healing energy and her barrier was back up a little strengthened as she could feel the effects of the purple mist gone. She charged her strongest blue ball attack again but released it a second too late as a tremendous bolt of lightning struck her and pushed her backwards violently so much that she could hardly breathe.

Then suddenly as she flew backwards screaming in pain, her vision swirled in a myriad of colour before everything went black and her body just shut down.

A/N: I haven't written and published a story in ages, so r&r folks! Let me know! I would appreciate constructive criticism so I can improve rather than bad words, enjoy. ;)