Chapter 11: Thoughts And Feelings

A/N: Big hugs to my beta Tyren :)

On with the show :D

Chapter 11: Thoughts And Feelings

From feeling like she was burning inside and out, Linshara slowly began to feel cold, her skin tight and strained. She was still lying on her stomach on the back of the great eagle that'd come to her rescue, just trying to proverbially pick herself back up again but everything hurt so much and she felt burned, drained and now slowly chilling. On top of that she wasn't sure how long it had been since he'd rescued her.

~Peace, Starwalker~ the eagle spoke into her mind.

Leaning her cheek against the feathers on the back of his neck, she tried to project back. ~My name is Linshara...~ she said.

His feathers were so soft, she could almost fall asleep and get lost in them. But with her injuries, she knew she couldn't fall asleep or she may never wake again, and she was too drained to heal through the power of the Force. She well and truly needed help.

~How is it that you can talk?~ She decided to keep the conversation flowing.

The Eagle seemed to sense his and follow her line of thought, ~our kind was brought into existence by Manwe Sulimo. Lord of the Winds and chiefest among the Valar.~

She nodded into the feathers, trying to stop her eyes from drooping. ~Why? I'm sorry it sounds like a silly question...where I come from there are no creatures such as you, that I know of.~

She could almost feel him smile, if that were possible through telepathy. ~We were sent by the Lord of the Valar to keep an eye over the Noldorin exiles and to aid the free peoples in their battle against the Dark Lord and now you, in the battle against the Red One. He must not ally himself with the evil forces of this realm.~

~The Noldor...the Kinslayers..~ She remembered what Gandalf had told her in their travels so far.

~And those that followed.~

Linshara grabbed tighter hold over the Eagle's neck as he did a steep turn and dive, ~I will not allow that to happen, the Red One to win, not while I live.~

~That is an encouraging thought~

She readjusted her sword so it lay tip side down and flat side against the eagle's back. ~Where are you taking me?~

~To an ally. He will offer a safe haven, he will help you.~ Landroval made a descent slowly.

She felt a drop in the pit of her stomach and somewhat queasy considering she was still injured, which for a moment, she'd actually forgotten. Linshara grabbed tighter to him and closed her eyes, focused on not expunging whatever it is she had left in her stomach as they descended.

~His name is Beorn~ Landroval spoke again, ~he is a skin changer~

~Skin changer?~

~He changes from a man into a bear.~

~You have shape shifters?~ What was next, walking skeletons?

~We do indeed.~

The Eagle swooped down to what looked like a small house surrounded by a giant round hedge. Landroval flew over the hedge and settled near a very tall and hairy looking man.

~We shall meet again, Starwalker, fare you well.~ Landroval shifted gently so Beorn could lift her off of him since she had little strength.

~Perhaps one day, we can speak without the shadow of darkness looming over us. Good journey, Landroval~ Linshara reached out in the Eagle's direction.