Chapter 7: The Rivendell Nexus, part 2

A/N: Apologies for the lateness of this chapter everybody, you know how RL goes. :)

Firstly, huge thanks to my betas NixNox and Tyren for proofing this. :)

Thank you also to those who've reviewed the works so far, without spoiling too much of the plot, your thoughts have been noted and some of the things you guys mentioned will come to pass. More action is coming soon, I needed to establish some things so that things in future chapters will make sense.

Chapter 7: The Rivendell Nexus, part 2

Previously: As the doors closed behind her, Elrond stepped over to her, "welcome, Master Linshara Thannis of the Jedi Order, we have much to discuss."

~Well, this escalated quickly~ Linshara thought to herself as she looked from Elrond to Gandalf for hints. Had the wizard told him, or did he know it on his own?

Elrond smiled gently at her, "I am a seer, Master Linshara. I had sensed your arrival." He said as he motioned over to a table with refreshments and seats.

Hearing him call her Master, brought a sudden and violent tug to her heart. The remnant of her old life reminding her, hurting with the memories. She blinked the thoughts away as she took one of the chairs.

"You'll pardon me if I'm a little surprised. This world in its entirety is nothing short of a shock. The Force being present yet not acting in the same manner as it does where I come from. Only a select few individuals capable of wielding it, the manifestation of it completely different to what it does for me." She said with a sigh. "Not to mention, wizards, hobbits, dwarves, elves...where I come from this is stuff of folklore and legend."

Elrond nodded slowly as he lightly paced, "it is highly possible that your journey was through time as well as space."

She nodded, "that was my thinking too."

"Lord Elrond, as I've told Linshara earlier, I do not know of a way her situation may be reversed, but you may be able to shed some light on the matter?" Gandalf said carefully, observing her more than the elf.

The look on her face, while she tried to keep it cool, ended up being half hopeful half defeated. Her emotions echoed the same. Though another thought had reared its head.

Elrond looked at her intently. "I do not know of a way, sadly. From what I understand of the event, it was an accidental event rather than a designed one."

"Which means there's no way to recreate it." Linshara sighed.

"You are concerned though," Elrond began, his expression that of understanding as she looked up. "If you do go back, what you may find, how long you will survive in an all out war."

She cursed herself silently, for letting her mental shields drop so easily here.

"There is no shame in feeling safe here, Master Linshara, that is the purpose of this valley." Elrond smiled again, kindly as ever. "I am correct though, no?"

She nodded slowly as she poured herself what looked to be wine. "I am wondering if it is simply better to accept my situation and focus on my task here. I am still a Jedi, maybe not in name, but in what and who I am, I am still one."

~I don't really know how to be anything else either~

Elrond nodded and moved to join her at the table, his purple robes swishing as he walked. He reminded her of the old masters back on Tython. Kind, wise, confident and very powerful.