Library

You sighed in content, leaning back in the chair and closing your eyes for a moment before opening them once more. The fireplace crackled in-front of you, their beautiful orange and yellow flames sparking up the wood that was set beneath it. You were currently sat in the library of the castle, it was late at night and you were reading a book since you couldn't sleep. What could you say? You always wanted time to read anyway, so why not use this to your advantage? Well, you certainly did. When you previously read your book, you were on page 87. Now you are on page 176 of your book. The chapters were traps that enveloped you into their pages, making you want to read more and more. It was a (Favorite genre) book, which was your all-time favorite. Whenever you saw books with this genre, you couldn't help but add it to the pile of books you wanted to read. The moonlight shone brightly through the black curtained windows, illuminating the dark wood flooring of the library. The tall bookshelves towered over the walls, thousands of books waiting to be read. You heard the library doors open. The library doors were like huge gates, to be honest. The ceilings were extremely high so that the library could hold more room, so, as you could imagine, the door is as high as the ceiling, which is very VERY high. You never used any of the ladders because you were afraid you were going to fall, which limited you to thousands of books on the bottom row of the library, but, you didn't mind. Maybe one day you could work up the courage to go up and start exploring the books above the bottoms row. The door shut, the sound echoing throughout the room and quiet footsteps started heading towards you. You kept on reading as they grew closer. Arms grabbed you gently, lifting you up bridal style as the person sat back down into the chair you were previously sitting in, placing you in their lap. "Hello, Darling." You heard the person say, you immediately recognizing the voice that belonged to your lover , Dark.
"Hello handsome." You responded, closing your book to look at him.
"What are you doing up so late?" He interrogated you.
"I couldn't sleep, so I decided to come down here to t he library to continue the book was I reading." You answered.
He nodded in understanding. "But anyways, how was your day?" You questioned him.
He hummed. "It was alright. And now it's even better now because you are here." He spoke, snuggling his face into the crook of your neck and holding you close.
You laughed a bit, placing you book down on the coffee table in front of you and hugged him back, welcoming him into your warm embrace. "Well, that is certainly good to hear." You replied.
"How was your day?" He mumbled to you after a moment.
"My day was great, actually. I mostly relaxed for most of the day, exercised a bit and I was reading for a couple of hours before you came in while I was reading and made my day much better." You responded.
"Mmm. Sounds wonderful." He said, sounding a bit sleepy.
"Are you tired?" You asked him.
Dark nodded after a moment. "Do you want to stay here or go upstairs to bed?"
He teleported you both upstairs onto your bed, steady under the blankets, which answered your question. He let go of you, allowing you to roll off of him and beside him. You opened your arms, allowing him to come over. He did, wrapping his arms around your waist and placing his head on your chest. You pulled the blankets up so you both were covered.
After a moment had passed, you started to run your fingers through Dark's black locks of hair. He purred, leaning into your touch with content. You smiled slightly at his reaction. It was rare times you both shared like this, but you always cherished them whenever they did happen. "You're comfy." Dark stated after a few moments, his hot breath fanning over your chest.
You laughed a bit. "Well, thank you for letting me know I'm comfortable to sleep on." You responded.
You saw him smirk. "You're welcome." He spoke, melting further into your touch.
You settled into the bed once Dark was asleep, snoring lightly. It had taken him a couple minutes to fall asleep, but you didn't mind. Kissing the top of his head, you closed your eyes and allowed yourself to slip into a peaceful sleep.