Chapter I: Interstellar Link

My fellow readers, I have returned my attention to this story. This story is basically a way for me to let loose my other ideas if Earth and Azeroth met in different times and different eras. I've been slow cuz of me getting sick and it does affect my motivation, and that I'm getting better. Thank you all. God forgive my AFK ass.

-DarkInfinity

................................................................................................................................................................

Chesapeake Bay
Virginia
6 AM

The USS Cole (DDG-67), an Arleigh Burke-class destroyer, was deployed to the site of the cutter USCGC Northland (WMEC-904), and was surprised at what happened. They saw the portal at the end of the bay, and when the cutter Northland was there, they saw that the ship was basically dark with no lights. They went close to the cutter to check what was going on.

 They went close to the cutter to check what was going on

Capt. McDaniel called for Cmdr. Brandt, and was asking what just happened. Both commanding officers were conversing on the decks of their respective ships.

"Commander, what the hell is that? And why are your lights out?"

"Pardon me, sir. But, when that thing appeared, it shut down our power."

Meanwhile, some of the curious enlisted were eyeing the portal. Many of them felt familiar with it due to the fact of quite excessive exposure to fantasy themes. A portal to them is already basic, courtesy of youth culture such as anime and video games.

"Wait a minute, is that a portal? An actual portal??" a sailor reacted

"No shit, sherlock. I wonder what's behind it? I'm telling you, man, the Pentagon ain't gonna ignore this. You ever watch Stargate?" his friend added

"I seriously hope that this isn't gonna lead to a shitstorm..."

At 7:30 AM, most of the population had woken up, with the news of the portal being covered by networks like CNN, MSNBC & Fox News Channel. For once, ever since 9/11, the whole nation had its eyes peeled with all branches of the industry halting for awhile just to tune in. The Pentagon decided to send a volunteer team of US Navy SEALs. The destroyer USS Cole will be given clearance to carry the SEALs with them. The cutter Northland was assigned to guard the portal. In the process, a CIA agent from Langley, VA named Dean Parker, was to be tagged along to transmit information back to the headquarters.