Chapter IV: Earth's Involvement

Chesapeake Bay, VA
November 5, 2016
Monday
(0100 Hours/1:00 A.M.)

After the first contact with the undead at Quel'Thalas, matters back home weren't that calm either.

Streamers from all around the world had kept their eyes glued onto the portal nonstop, even many of their fans had resorted to tagging along with any media mentioning the portal once media like Discord and Twitch were packed with so much viewers that those slowed down.

CNN News was on the shot. 

"This is Anderson Cooper live from CNN

"This is Anderson Cooper live from CNN. Here I am live in Chesapeake Bay, Virginia, where a sizeable number of military forces have made their first step into what has been widely acknowledged as a portal, with the cutter Northland being first to respond earlier yesterday morning at around 6 A.M. and the portal has created an interesting side effect of glowing algal blooms."

"The US Navy had dispatched the destroyer USS Cole to be the first to enter, and so far there have been no updates on its whereabouts and status. Some viewers and users on Twitter and Instagram have voiced their growing concern of the Marines and Navy being lost on the other side."

"Here tonight we have Professor David Deutsch from the University of Oxford who is widely known for his contributions to the Many-Worlds theory, and he personally flew in from England to Chesapeake Bay. Professor?"

"Ah, yes. In all my years of research and study I would've never fathomed that I'd live to see concrete proof of the study that the late Hugh Everett formulated. This is simply the greatest find of the century."

"Quite the enthusiastic remark, professor. So, what are your thoughts on the portal?"

"The question of what's on the other side is what truly brought me here. I can only speculate on what is there, and if indeed the thought of a different world is true, then there is always an inherent risk of danger."

"What kind of danger?"

"There might be a chance that the other side has threats we may not be accustomed to, and I do pray the marine and naval forces are safe. God knows what they might be dealing with right now, and from what pop culture has given us, they might as well be fighting a dragon or an alien civilization. Also, to further up my point, when it comes to portals in their uncanny similarity to wormholes in terms of one dimension having a hole torn into it, there is the probability that the portal here may not stay open for long, and if indeed they are there, they will then be left stranded on that side, possibly forever."

"I- I see... Well, thank you for your time, professor. This is Anderson Cooper on scene."

HOLLYWOOD
California

Streamers were still eyeing on what was going on, having stopped their gaming sessions ever since yesterday at 7 A.M., eyes still glued to the portal. However, some had made the choice to get to Chesapeake Bay in person.