Chapter III: United States Marine Corps

This is a moment of realization, people. It truly is time for me to return to the Warcraft Universe after so long.

Welcome to a new chapter in my writing journey!

-Sharkskinned

NEW CHANGES POSTED AFTER ERRORS REDISCOVERED. MY BAD.

................................................................................................................................................................

Camp Lejeune
Jacksonville, North Carolina
(1330 Hours/1:30 P.M.)

Having realized the dangers of the undead being close to Washington, D.C., it was made imperative that the USMC act on it as soon as possible. Camp Lejeune in Jacksonville, North Carolina was close enough for quick deployment despite being two states away. 

The 2nd Marine Division was garrisoned in Camp Lejeune, which was under the command of Maj. Gen. John K. Love, who received news directly from the Commandant who was currently in Washington, D.C. and urgently called every enlisted and officer not on M.P. or Guard Duty to immediately head out to the Air Station. Several MV-22 Ospreys from the 2nd Marine Aircraft Wing (MAW) were ordered to ready up before he would make his announcement. On the airfield, several marines from the aforementioned division gathered.

Meanwhile, Naval Station Norfolk prepped up the USS Wasp (LHD-1) to enter alongside the 2nd MAW as they were not going to risk an amphibious invasion underequipped and understaffed. From the intel gathered by the top brass, they were going to make sure that the assault will go smoothly. As both backup and reinforcement, it was decided that the Marine Raider Regiment (MRR) was to accompany the Navy SEALs in recon operations, alongside future missions that may fall into tac ops territory.

A sudden order from the Department of the Navy was approved, where a request of at least a minimum of 100 Seabees were to accompany the SEALs and Raiders to help them establish territory and temporary settlements. 

The 1st Marine Raider Battalion, under the command of Lt. Col. Andrew Christian, will enter in full force, with four companies consisting of 14-person teams totaling up to 42 Raiders.

"Marines! We got orders from the Pentagon to immediately deploy to the portal or whatever they call it up north in the Chesapeake Bay. The 2nd Marine Division will enter first, soon followed by the 2nd Marine Aircraft Wing. Our orders are to spearhead the invasion within the portal, and from what we hear, there is a likely chance of enemy combatants, and as a result we are going to enter in full force. We leave in 0030 Hours, effective immediately! Pack up your bags and get ready for deployment." Maj. Gen. Love declared

"Sir, yes, sir!" all marines present replied in unison

Meanwhile, the topic of conversation amongst the marines were mostly in line with curiosity.

"Man, they're sending the entire division and wing up north close to D.C., must be something really big, besides the fact that a literal portal exists."

"Makes me wonder what they saw on the other side when the SEALs went in first. Something tells me this ain't gonna be our usual routine. Sure that portal looks magical, but what's on the other side that spooked the brass up top bad enough to send a huge fraction of the camp's forces is the real question."

"We already got the SEALs on the other side, but why add a Marine Spec Ops Battalion into the mix?"

"This is getting a lil sus, especially with the fact that I heard the USS Cole hasn't returned yet. I think they sent a runner back to D.C., because how else could the Pentagon have gotten the incentive to send us?"