To the pool

Please comment and vote, thank you!!

When I awoke the next morning, I felt a gentle pull on my hair. I opened my eyes just enough to peer through at Rowan. He was so intent on stroking my hair he had not noticed that I was awake. I couldn't help but release a small giggle at how is features seemed so completely relaxed as if he had taken a narcotic.

"I see you are awake." He said bringing his hand from my hair down to hold my cheek. He smiled and pulled me flush against him.  "What would my angel like to do today?"

"I don't really know. I haven't been given a choice is so long I hardly know what to do with it"

"Well, we only have two days before we leave for New York"

"We?"

"Yes, we. Do you really think I am going to let you out of my sight now that I have found you?"

I could feel the heat rushing to my cheeks, unconsciously biting my bottom lip whilst shaking my head.

"Good, now what would my angel like to do today". He said brushing his thumbs over my cheeks as if trying to calm them down. It had little effect, in fact I just blushed even harder, and I now resembled a tomato.

"We could go to the pool, it's really hot here and I haven't been in the pool yet."

"Perfect! That's what we will do, you get ready, everything you need should be in the closet"

Rowan kissed my forehead and walked out the room to give me some privacy to get changed. He must be on the phone because I can hear him arguing with someone and I would not like to be the person on the other side of that call.

I rummaged through the drawers for a bikini that wasn't too revealing and found a cute baby blue and white striped one. I put it on throwing a pair of denim shorts and putting one of Rowan's shirts over the top tying it in a little knot at the bottom.

I walked out seeing Rowan end the call and turn to face me.

"It looks better on you"

I laughed shaking my head telling him I disagreed, but he simply shrugged his shoulders and held out his arm for me to take.

"My Lady" said Rowan making a bow like gesture. I did the same only curtsying and took his arm heading down to the pool.

We had already missed Breakfast by the time we reached the pool so Rowan said he was going to order something and that I should choose which deckchair I wanted to have. There was very few people at the pool, so I found two chairs covered by the shade of a lemon tree.

Rowan came back saying that the food would be here in a minuet, then he tugged at the hem of his t-shirt pulling it over his head and then took off his jeans folding them at the end of the bed. He was left in a pair of black swimming trunks meaning I could see every inch of his perfectly toned abs and torso. Rowan lay back on the bed with his hands behind his head so that it flexed his muscles.

I knew I had been staring for way to long, but I couldn't help it. When my eyes finally reached Rowan's face there was a playful glint in his eyes and a smirk of satisfaction plastered across his face.

"Do you like what you see darling?"

Too flustered to think of anything to say to him I simply rolled my eyes and turned to face away from him so that I was looking down onto the beach. I heard a laugh erupt from Rowan and I turned to face him as I saw the food coming. We were just sitting and eating while talking and laughing when I saw a group of people coming towards us. The girl was waving and calling mine and Rowan's names. Next minuet the girl was launching herself at me and squeezing me into a hug.

"Lara, I am so happy to see you again and don't you look lovely." Grace said bringing me in for another hug. "Do you fancy going for a swim?"

"Yes, I am so hot out here" I said undoing the buttons and knot on Rowan's shirt and taking off my shorts. I followed Grace to the pool where we she grabbed my hand.

"On three we jump in. One, two, three!"

It was well past lunch by the time me and Grace got out the pool. I felt a similar ease with her as I did with her brother and she had a lot to ask about me and Rowan.

"I think you will be good for him" said Grace as we sat on the pool ledge swinging our feet in the water. "He is usually so moody and generally just a pain to be around but, he seems better and we both know it's because of you"

"Thank you. I really like him you know; in fact, I like him so much it kinda scares me"

"You will be fine. Just don't let him boss you around" she said laughing, which caused me to giggle as well. She really has the funniest laugh I have ever heard. 

"Lara, Grace, lunch is here!" shouted Max (one of Rowan's friends), who was already tucking into a burger.