Kiss under the stars

Lunch was amazing, I had never had a barbeque before. After so many years of eating just the left over from the dinners I made, I don't have the biggest appetite. Rowan seemed a little annoyed that I hadn't eaten more but he quickly dropped it. I had a feeling we are going to be discussing it later.

The day passed by swiftly and soon we were all heading back inside to get ready for dinner. I really like Grace and she is becoming more of a best friend than I ever thought possible.

Max was really sweet; he was a little quiet at first but once he began laughing that wall was gone. Connor was a different story, throughout the day he made subtle comments towards me. I wasn't really sure what to make of him, Rowan wouldn't be friends with him if he wasn't a good person, so I just decided to trust Rowan's judgment and wait until Connor got to know me.

When we arrived back at the hotel room Rowan said he had a few things he needed to take care of and that I should have a shower and change for dinner. Once I had finished in the shower, I came into the bedroom to find a little orange sun dress with a flower patten laying on the bed next to a pair of heeled sandals with ribbons attached.

I slipped the dress on and tied the shoes in a ballerina style and went into the sitting room in search of Rowan. I called his name a few time but couldn't find him anywhere. I plopped down onto the sofa and batted away the anxiety that was creeping up on me telling me he had left. That's when I noticed a bunch of daisies on the coffee table with a note next to them.

Meet me on the beach where we walked under the moonlight.
- Yours forever Rowan

I picked up the daisies bringing them to my nose as my smile grew from ear to ear. Stupid Anxiety, lovely Rowan. I threw open the door and walked towards the beach with a spring in my step.

I made it to the hotel garden when I could see a light coming from behind the bushes. There was Rowan sitting at a table on a raised platform on the beach. There were fairy lights intertwined with the branches of the trees that hung over the table, as if it were a fairy's chandelier. The table was laid with a huge plate of pasta and two empty place settings, with a seat opposite Rowan.

"Did you know pasta is my favourite food, or was it just a guess?" I said walking towards the table.

Rowan immediately stood up and took my hand helping me up onto the decking.

"Who said it was for you? Pasta maybe my favourite food", I gave him a quizzical look, I knew he was just playing with me. But I thought I might play with him a little so pretended to look hurt.

"Oh, sweetheart it is for you, Papa told me you always enjoyed it, so I asked him to make some specially for us" Rowan pulled me in towards his chest and stroked the back of my head. I couldn't help it any longer I began to laugh.

"Don't cry my love it was only...wait are you laughing?" Rowan pulled back from the hug so that he could see my face. "You are, you cheeky little monkey"

"I am sorry I couldn't help myself" I said still giggling.

"Well, I think I deserve a kiss for that. Don't you?" Smiling I leaned up on my tip toes and kissed him. Rowan wrapped his arms around my waist lifting me up to his height, out lips still pressed together.

Rowan pulled back first and put me down pulling out the chair opposite his.

"I am stopping now only because I want you to enjoy this pasta while it is still warm", once I was in my seat, he kissed the top of my head and sat in his.

"You used my shampoo"

"there wasn't anything else. Does it smell bad on me?"

"No, it smells perfect. You are perfect, I want you to always smell like me"

Rowan gave me a clean plate and scooped some pasta onto it and tucked in straight away. I let out a moan as I tasted the pasta.

"Papa is amazing, in want to know how he makes it taste so good", Rowan just hummed in agreement while twirling his fork in his pasta.

Once we were finished Rowan bent down under the table and brought out a blanket. He unfolded it and laid it in front of the decked area on the sand. I hopped off the decking and went to sit on the blanket. Rowan ran back to the table and turned the fairy lights off and brought out a little picnic basket.

Rowan sat on the blanket next to me and opened the basket getting out two little cupcakes, which we ate while stating out into the inky blankness of the ocean.

Rowan lay back on the blanket and I rested my head on his chest as he circled me in his arms. I am so much smaller than he is. We lay there for hours, staring at the stars. My father had taught me a lot about the constellations and planets. I showed Rowan which ones were binary stars and told him all about how they discovered the planets.

"When I was younger, I used to get in a lot if fights with my dad, we didn't really see eye to eye. I used to sneak out of my window and sit on the roof looking at the night sky. It calmed me and made me feel at peace. It was a peace I could never find anywhere else until I found you."
Rowan stopped talking and shifted so that he was now sitting up and so that I was facing him. He began to stroke my cheek with his thumb and then brushed it over my bottom lip.

"I love you Lara" my mouth parted, I didn't know what to say, Rowan loved me. "you don't have to say anything, but I just wanted you to know how I..."

"I love you too"

Rowan's large hands were at the back of my head as he pulled me towards him, crushing our lips together. I sat up a little straighter and threaded my fingers into his silky hair as he did the same with his. I felt him run his tongue along the bottom of my lip asking for entrance, which I immediately gave.

His lips were so soft I felt my self-melting into his hold just as he pulled me by my waist onto his lap. He groaned at the contact as we continued our kiss.

"Mr Lawson, there is someone on the phone for you, they say it is urgent."

"CAN'T YOU SEE I AM BUSY" he huffed and took deep breaths as tried to slither off his lap my cheeks getting hotter by the second. He kept his hold on me though, so that I couldn't move.

"Sir the said to tell you it is about the meeting on Thursday".

"Transfer the call to my room I will be up there in a minuet"

Rowan helped me up and interlaced our hands.

"We will finish that later" said Rowan as we headed back into the hotel.

.
.
.
.
Thank you everyone for so much support on this story. Sorry for the slow updates. Do you want a Rowan's POV soon?