Island hotel

Lara's POV:

It is two years today since my dad died, leaving me with my stepmother and my two stepsisters Melissa and Julia. They wanted to go on holiday this summer, as always, so naturally I had to come with them.

It was 10pm by the time we arrived in the hotel and to say it was grand would be an understatement. Large marble pillars held up the entrance to the hotel grounds and a long cobble path wound its way to the reception area.

Great! More steps for me to carry their ridiculously heavy bags up.

"hurry up!" screamed Julia

"your so slow" Melissa groaned

The receptionist at the desk looked up from whatever computer she was staring at only to jump back as she saw my two sisters and stepmother leaning over the desk.

"Name?" the receptionist said as if drowsy with sleep.

"Cassandra Clark", my stepmother said as if she were royalty

The receptionist glanced around the three of them to look at me, a frown graced her face as she became puzzled.
"there's only three people booked in for all inclusive and there are only three beds in your room. Would you like me to make that a fourth?"

"oh gosh no Lara won't need a bed besides I am not paying for that little mut to enjoy herself"

My eyes lifted off the floor and looked at the receptionist whose eyes were full of pity and sympathy.

When my dad died my stepmother inherited everything; the houses, the money and to her dismay, me. Despite being 18 I am no freer than the animals in the circus. I had no money and my stepmother threatened multiple times should I attempt to leave and make it in the world on my own, then she make it near impossible for me to get a job or a place to stay.
She had people everywhere and though they were my dad people she knew how to keep them loyal to her. She owned me and everything my mum and dad had accomplished through force and through manipulating my dads wishes so that I ended up living with her indefinitely or at least until my inheritance came.
The only thing was before my dad passed away my stepmother made sure that he left everything to her and that I was stuck with them until my inheritance. An inheritance that I would never receive.

"right well your room is 108 Mrs Clark" the receptionist handed over the keys and that was it, my fate of running around fetching them things for the next two weeks, it's not like I didn't do that anyway at home.

The corridors were wide and lined with soft red carpet that felt like clouds to walk on. Well they would if not for the fact that I was stomping around trying to juggle the suitcases.
You would think that there would be a bell boy or someone to help carry these bags.

The room itself was beautiful it had a main reception area with two pale blue and gold sofas while a small glass and gold coffee table in between them with a large bouquet of flowers on it.

Julia rushed towards them, but Melissa tripped her up and got there first read the card out loud.

'to Mrs Cassandra Clark and her daughters. I hope you have a lovely stay in my hotel. think you will find the view exquisite. Yours sincerely Rowan Lawson.'

"Ooooo", Melissa shrieked "Rowan left a note and flowers for us!"

"He is so handsome" Melissa said while Julia nodded her head in agreement.

Finally, something they have agreed on!

"oh gosh he said 'yours', that means he thinks we are made for each other" squealed Julia.

"NO! He meant me!"

I didn't bother telling them that signing yours sincerely was a mere formality or that Rowan Lawson was far too busy running his multi million dollar companies to write or send personal thank yous and that one of his assistants at the hotel thought of it and most likely did it to all the influential guests. 

I took the suitcases into the bedrooms, which were every bit as beautiful as the rest of the suite. The suite consisted of two bedrooms, one with two double beds, one bathroom, a living/reception area and dining room with a small adjoining kitchen.

"Lara what are you doing just standing there", shouted my stepmother, bringing me out of my daze. "the girls and I are going to the pool and spa; I expect that when we get back those suitcases are empty, and everything is neatly put away".

And with that the three witches left. I sighed and began unpacking.