Chapter 1 My Life

Shanas POV

As I walk down the narrow sidewalk to school, my cheek stings in the wind. It hurts from getting slapped this morning. I don't even know why she is throwing this little pissy fit.

"Victoria! I'm leaving!" I shriek

A tall woman with light brown hair, which was in a bun,  walked towards me with a fake smile plastered across her face "Honey? I thought I told you to call me mom" she flutters her eyelashes, gah I always hated her

I glared at her for a long minute "You aren't my mother" I hold my look a she walks towards me, with that smile still across her face. When she reached me she slapped me across the cheek.

I felt tears sting my eyes, but I didn't dare move from post until she was done. Her face was drained and I saw my moment of escape. I turned on my heel and ran out the door. I ran down the street with tears in my eyes, I thought "Shit, I knew I had something coming" that how I got to this point, me walking to school

They were very vengeful foster parents. Even when I was only 12, I'm 16 now. Its been forever since I saw my real parents. The thought of them sends my heart ablaze. Only my brother and sister live with me, well the only people I truly love in that house anyways, we live with our foster parents. I may be the youngest but I can assure you, I am not weak. My sister is in her last year of high school,  and my brother is in his second year of college, then there is me in my third year of high school.

I was suddenly ripped out of my thoughts at the sight of my school. I floated down the halls, sticking close to the walls and shadows trying not to be noticed, it didn't work.

"Shana!" a voice shrieked, the voice was from a tall boy, he had blond hair, green eyes, he was surrounded by his friends. I knew this boy, and I had too with all my might to avoid him.

I growled under my breath and kept trudging through the halls. I felt a cold hand grab my shoulder, I gasped in surprise. I was shoved against the row of lockers. I glared at him "Jordan, what do you want? I have to go" growled at him while trying to struggle out of his grasp. He noticed me trying to escape and pushed me harder against the lockers, I gasped in pain. He was probably fed up with me trying to escape because he switched his stance. He put one of his hands on my hip and one holding both of my hands, and his knee between my legs, I couldn't escape.

All I could think was I am trapped. He leaned close to my ear and whispered "My brother said he left you a nice scar on your side, I would love to see it"  he had a evil grin on his face as he started to pull up my shirt, I wanted to scream but my voice would not work. It was like last time.

As the saying goes, I was saved by the bell, he growled and put his hand back on my hip.  I sighed relieved, immediately wanting to kick myself in the face. He looked at me and I knew he heard me, because he lowered his head back to my ears and whispered "We'll have to finish this later " he said and smashed his lips against mine. I tried to pull away, didn't succeed. I rejected the kiss the whole time.  Finally someone called for him and he ran off. With that I was left dizzy and enraged as I went to class.

Class was the same oh same oh. Real boring, I ignored the teacher as he explained to us about how these skills will be useful in college. The other periods swam by.

Until the class before lunch came by. One of my friends who I met in the beginning of middle school sits by me. We met in art class, we were arguing about how you draw shadows. Now that I look back on it, I feel stupid that I had that fight.

As I sit down I notice her hair is now blond, she is wearing a red "Toy Story" sweater, one side hanging off her shoulder, and her hazel eyes are piercing me.