19

Wren and Carlisle move in sync around the kitchen just as they used to, cooking up a storm. "Hey!" He scolds as she dips her finger into the sauce.

She grins. "I'm the one eating it, it's fine." She blows a kiss.

He chuckles and shakes his head, chopping some herbs.

The others all sit around in the living room listening. "I almost feel nauseated at the love, but I'm glad he's happy." Emmett says. "Sort of."

Jasper smirks. "Yeah? You don't have to feel it."

"I bet that sucks." Emmett says as he leans his head back.

"We need to be careful, guys." Alice says quietly. "We don't know how long this will last..."

"It wasn't a permanent fix." Rosalie agrees. "He's going to want to change her but the same thing will happen."

"We'll cross that bridge when we come to it." Jasper says, all of them going quiet as they listen to their father laugh and have fun.

Carlisle has been ignoring all their pessimistic conversations lately. He's overjoyed - he's faithful - and he's so happy he has his Birdie back. "Open." He says, bringing a forkful of meatball to her mouth.

Wren opens wide and chews the food slowly. "Oh my god." She moans, wiping her mouth on a napkin. "It is so good to have taste again!"

He smiles. "I wish I could taste it with you." He says, pushing the food around the bowl.

Wren tilts his chin back and kisses his lips gently. "You can taste me, that's even better."

He hums as he kisses her again, stroking her hair back. He eventually pulls away and sighs. "I have to go hunting. I've avoided it for long enough now that I may actually taste you."

Wren giggles. "That's okay, I'll be right here when you get back." She promises.

He kisses her gently and goes to his kids. "Who's hunting with me?"

"I will."

"Me too."

"Always down for food."

Everyone rolls their eyes at Emmett. Alice, Edward, Bella, Emmett and Renesmee all head out with him as Rosalie and Jasper stay home, Jasper having hunted only a few days ago when the blood was around the house and Rosalie not feeling it today.

"I don't need baby sitters." Wren says as she brings her food into the living room and sits on the floor so she doesn't risk the white couch.

"You're not special anymore, we don't care what happens." Rose teases. "I'm going for a shower, don't miss me too much."

"Not at all." Jasper says, watching her go. He looks to Wren. "So..."

Wren smiles. "So?" She says, twirling some spaghetti round her fork.

"How are you actually feeling?" He asks.

Wren chews slowly. "Pretty good. A bit weird, still getting used to human stuff again but I'm good. I wanna hear you say what you want me to say, first though." She smirks, knowing he's after something else.

Jasper chuckles. "Why do I have to go first?"

"Ladies first." She teases.

He rolls his eyes. "Fine. I missed you."

"I missed you too, pretty boy." She smiles as she eats. "You're my favourite non-child." She says.

"I thought so." He grins.