03

Wren watches Carlisle as he pays for their meal. This is their third date this week - how did she end up here? How did she get so lucky? It's weird. She thought the accident was the worst thing to happen but maybe it was the best. They've done things right too, letting human resources know that they're sort of dating sort of not. It could've gone so much worse if Carlisle wasn't so charming towards the woman.

"Wanna head back to my place?" Carlisle asks, helping Wren slip her jacket on.

"The fancy apartment you never stay in because you're always working? Duh." She says playfully, linking arms with him. Her heart flutters everytime she touches him and she gets butterflies in her tummy. She's only known him just shy of 2 weeks but she can't see herself without him... This is bad.

Carlisle smirks. "Yes, that fancy apartment. If I wasn't always working we wouldn't have met, don't forget that." He smiles, opening the car door for her.

She winks playfully as she climbs in, buckling up as he gets in and begins to drive. "So this is what, date number 3..?" She knows what 3 dates means these days. But is she ready for that? Is that all he wants? Of course it isn't. She may not know him that well but she knows him well enough.

"I believe so." He says, glancing over at her in the dark car. "There is absolutely no pressure for anything to happen." He says, sensing her mood shifting.

She blushes deeply. "I didn't mean... I don't... I'm sorry." She whispers, looking at her lap.

Carlisle smiles and gently takes her hand. "You have nothing to be sorry about. Don't stress okay? I'm happy just spending time with you for now. No pressure. No promises. Just company and good food." He says. Good food for you, I need to throw mine up somewhere. He thinks to himself. Food doesn't have any affect on his kind but he can't digest it, so it has to come back up at some point.

"Thank you." She sighs in relief and holds his hand in both of hers. "You know, you should get this body temperature thing checked out." She muses.

He smiles. "I'm fine. Just bad circulation." He parks outside his apartment building, the place 10 storeys tall; he's got the top apartment, the penthouse, which he doesn't really need but has for show. It stops people questioning why a doctor like him may live in a 1 bed place with no real luxury when he earns what he does.

He jogs round and opens her door. "M'lady." He bows playfully.

She giggles and climbs out. "Why thank you, kind sir." She look up at him for a moment and finds herself leaning in. He does, too. A kiss wouldn't hurt, right?

Their lips meet and it feels like the world explodes around them. Carlisle brings a cold hand to her warm cheek and strokes it gently, not trying to force the kiss but not wanting it to stop. Wren closes her eyes and stretches on her toes, slowly wrapping her arms around his neck.

They naturally pull away and smile wide at each other, Wren gently biting her lip as she looks into the handsome man's dark eyes. "Yknow I love your eyes... I never know what color they'll be when I see you." She whispers.

"I love your eyes too..." He smiles, moving his hand from her cheek to tangle their fingers together. They head inside and Wren quietly leans against him in the elevator, leaning her head on his shoulder. Carlisle smiles wide and keeps an arm around her, stepping out with her moments later.

Wren gasps and looks around. "Woahhh..." She whispers. The room is huge, a kitchen / living room area. There's stairs off to the left side but the thing that made her gasp are the big windows that fill the back wall. From the front and down on the ground floor, you'd never guess this is what the top floor looks like.