11

Wren stretches as she wakes, looking around the room as she takes a moment to gather her bearings. Right. I'm in Forks. She slowly sits up and pushes her hair back, fumbling for her glasses before she slips them on. There's no sign that Carlisle has been back yet, but that makes her happy; he needed to let loose.

After taking her time to get ready, spending half the time deliberating between contacts and glasses, she opts for glasses and heads downstairs in some leggings and a hoodie. She doesn't see anyone around so she heads to the fridge, grabbing some eggs and making some French toast. She washes all her dishes and goes for a walk around the house, ending up near the top of the house, peaking into the last door. A smile breaks onto her face as she realises this is Carlisle's office - his favourite place. She can see why.

The back wall is all glass, looking over the beauty of the forest and greenery that stretches for miles around the house. The wall opposite is covered in paintings, while the two in between are stacked full of books, old and new. She runs her fingers over the spines of a few before she plonkes herself into the chair at his desk, putting her feet on it. She looks up at all the pictures opposite her, smiling a little as she recognises people - no, she's never seen them, but the descriptions from her book match.

The Volturi look chilling in the one smaller painting they're featured in, Carlisle in the back; of course, he hasn't aged a day since that was painted who knows how long ago. Others are of scenery, a few of London in various stages of its changing landscapes.

"Being sneaky are we?"

Wren jumps and looks over at the doorway, having zoned out so much that she didn't see Carlisle come in though her eyeline. "That's you, darling." She says, rolling her eyes.

"Firstly, get your feet off my desk. It's older than you." He teases, coming over and leaning on it. "Secondly, why are you up so early?"

"9am is not early." She defends.

"For a day you have no work or chores or anything, yes it is my love." He chuckles. He picks her up and moves in an instant under her, setting her on his lap before she can even react.

Wren groans and hits him playfully. "Don't do that! My brain cannot process that fast!"

He kisses her cheek laughing. "I'm sorry, I'm sorry."

She smiles a little and touches his cheek hesitantly, looking into his eyes. "I've never seen your eyes so golden... And there's no bags." She whispers, running her fingers over the pale white skin under his eyes.

Carlisle watches her. "Because I fully hunted for the first time in a long time. In Seattle, I'd hunt whatever I could find between shifts. Then when I met you, I didn't venture too far even if I had the chance." He says softly, leaning into her touch.

She cups his cheek and strokes his other cheek. "Why..?"

"I didn't want you to be alone too long. It makes me uncomfortable to be away from you - less so last night since several superhumans were keeping an eye on you." He chuckles softly. "Anyway, have you eaten?"

"I have, and I didn't burn myself or the food, do I get a reward?" She taunts.

He kisses her gently. "There you go."

She rolls her eyes as she blushes. "Gross."

"Charming." He grins. "Come in Alice."

Wren raises an eyebrow in confusion but looks over at the door as Alice and Jasper skip in. "If I could feel sick, I would." She chimes teasingly. "Baseball, one hour."

"But it's sunny-"

"1 hour." Alice says, winking before her and Jasper disappear.

Wren looks at Carlisle. "Baseball?"