Brotherly talks

"I'm home." Osamu calls out from the front foyer. Atsumu hurries over from the kitchen to greet Osamu at the front entrance.

"Welcome home." Atsumu eyes Osamu with a smile. "How'd it go?"

Osamu raises a brow, walking himself towards the kitchen. He notices a pile of pots and pans in the sink and a wafting smell coming from the dining room. His grey eyes flick over to the dining table and surprisingly enough, Atsumu has prepared dinner for the two. "I made dinner so you wouldn't have to. Sit down and let's talk." Atsumu puts his hands on his brothers shoulders and pushes him towards the dining table. Osamu mutters a thank you under his breath and pulls out the chair in front of him before sitting down.

"So, how'd things go with Y/N?" Atsumu sits across from him and raises his chopsticks over to the marinated beef brisket.

"How do you know I went to see Y/N?" Osamu arches an eyebrow, a curious look on his face. Atsumu dryly chuckles and shrugs.

"I just have a hunch you managed to find her after our date. I did purposely bring her to Shibuya. And fate seems to play to your advantage." Atsumu pokes at the bed of rice in his bowl, his eyes distant.

Osamu gulps. He does feel horrible knowing Atsumu's feelings for Y/N. Atsumu hid his feelings for Y/N to himself until recently. Knowing that Osamu got a second chance after fucking up, must annoy Atsumu tremendously. But he's keeping his emotions rather collected.

Osamu picks up his chopsticks and eyes the many side dishes on the table. He takes a bite of the pickled carrots with some rice before answering Atsumu. "We managed to talk things out after arguing." Osamu avoids telling Atsumu a very detailed explanation of what really happened.

Atsumu silently nods. "That's good."

A silence falls into their conversation and the two feel a bit awkward towards one another. Osamu clears his throat and speaks up, not wanting the silence to stretch on for too long. "How was the date?"

The question surprises Atsumu and he chokes on a bit of rice. Osamu quickly hands him a glass of water that sits across from Atsumu. Atsumu chugs the water down, gulping the entire cup and gently slapping his chest. "Do you want the truth or for me to lie?" Atsumu's words are spoken in a broken tone as he tries to recollect himself.

"I can handle the truth." Osamu speaks in a low tone, eyeing Atsumu directly.

Atsumu purses his lips. He stares at his rice bowl and sets it down. He sighs and his shoulders droop. "I was nervous the entire morning when I walked over to her place. I know it was my idea to go on a date but in the back of my mind I knew she'd find her way back to you. I couldn't manage to feel completely happy about todays plans." Atsumu begins to explain his entire mental process and Osamu quietly listens.

There's a small smile that tugs on Atsumu's lips and his eyes soften when he fondly thinks about Y/N. "But she managed to make me forget about all of that. She didn't make a fuss about the date and she behaved like normal. I'm sure it wasn't a big deal to her. But still." Atsumu exhales. His fingers run through his blonde hair and he raises his rice bowl back up to eat again. "I offered to pay for anything she wanted but she didn't take advantage of the offer." Atsumu nibbles on his lower lip. "I was sure she'd take the offer up when we went to that figure shop..."

"Figure shop?" Osamu speaks up and he catches Atsumu's attention.

"Yeah. There's this character she seems to really like. I forgot his name. That 5'2" guy that holds his mug weird." Atsumu tilts his head slightly as he tries to remember the characters name.

Osamu chuckles, "Levi Ackerman."

"I guess that's his name. Whatever. That guy's figure is stupidly expensive for no reason. Like why? He's not even that good looking." Atsumu puckers his lips out in a pout, he shovels rice and beef into his mouth while he sulks.

Osamu stifles his laughter when he watches his brother grow envy at a nonexistent person. "She's always liked him. I'm sure if he were to walk around in person, she'd quickly forget the two of us Atsumu."

Atsumu grumbles in response. "Aside from that, we bought sandwiches and ate them at a park. I really thought Y/N would pick a restaurant or a café to eat at but..." He exhales and shakes his head. There's a smile forming on his face again. "She's really not like any of the girls I've dated before."

Osamu munches on his rice in silence. There's a loving look in Atsumu's eyes when he talks about Y/N and it jabs at his own heart.

"You better take care of her Osamu." Atsumu's tone switches to one of sternness. Neither of them look at one another and it's not necessary for them to. Osamu fully understands Atsumu's use of tone. The sound of clinking chopsticks against the bowls rings out in the still conversation.

"I promise I will." Osamu speaks in a clear and slow voice. "And...I'm sorry."

Atsumu raises his eyes up from his bowl. He stares at Osamu with a still face. Osamu timidly meets his brothers eyes and repeats his sentence again. "I'm sorry for being the one she loves. I know how much you love her too and--"

Atsumu shakes his head vigorously. "Don't apologize Osamu. It's not your fault that she picked you."

Osamu's lips twitch, wanting to say something more but he holds back his tongue. There's obvious pain in Atsumu's face and Osamu drops the conversation there. Clearing his throat, Atsumu changes the topic. "So...the two of you are officially back together, right? What's the first thing you plan to do for her? I'm sure she's expecting you to spoil her after putting her through so much shit."

"I'm actually going to surprise her tomorrow." A smile tugs at the corner of Osamu's lips when he thinks of tomorrows plans.

Atsumu's eyes glimmer with curiosity. "What's the surprise?"

"I can't tell you. You have a big mouth 'Tsumu." Osamu scoffs and ignores his brothers pleading expressions.

"Oh, come on 'Samu! It's not like I'm going to call Y/N and tell her all about it." Atsumu whines, a frown on his face.

"I can't trust you 'Tsumu. You'd definitely slip up and tell her tomorrow if you see her on campus."

Atsumu huffs and returns to eating. The mood between the two is much lighter than before as they continue to converse about anything and everything.