Ch 4

It's always going to be Skyler's POV unless I say otherwise lol

I hear whimpering I turn around and I'm faced with a sobbing Kai. I'm not good at trying to calm people down especially in the situation we're all in. I go to talk to him but Norris beat me there first which is fine by me, I could have made it wor- "Hey Skyler is it?" I do a slight nod. "Can you and Ace look around and see how we can get out of here." Norris finishes his question, although it seems more like a statement. I nodded and walked with Ace as best as I could considering were chained across the room from one another. The chain was about 20ish ft long maybe a little shorter.

We make it back to his corner, Ace was close enough to completely against the wall if he wanted to and I was 5 feet away from him.
"Are you just going to keep standing there? Go to that side and look."
I just stand there not responding and he looks at me annoyed
"Are you deaf or mute or some shit like that?? Go. Over. There."
I decided that now is a good time to make him feel stupid.
"Oh you know,I would of my chain could reach! Did you not notice that I'm standing feet behind you or are you that dense."
He doesn't say anything negative, just told me I could look at the side he was on he he would go over to the side I couldn't reach.
As I'm looking at the piles of random junk I spot a rat, and instead of dealing with it in the 'manliest way' possible, I screeched and jumped back on my bad ankle.

"Are you okay?" Ace asked, surprise surprise he can be nice. I hummed and pointed to my ankle indicating I was alright it was just my ankle.

"What happened to it" he questioned "I slammed it in a locker" well, only half of that was true it did get slammed in a locker but I'm not the one who did it, I don't even know these people so I don't really feel like telling them anything about me really.

"Oh you must be clumsy"
I rolled my eyes and got back to looking in the pile of random junk.

Moments later I heard chains moving behind us the Norris's voice.
"Did you guys find anything"
"Nope" I replied considering I really don't know what we're looking for

It seems like Kai read my mind because he responded with "Do we even know exactly what we're looking for?" Everyone gets quiet and of course me being me again i giggled.

"What the fuck is wrong with you!? Do you really think this is funny?!" Ace roared. Even though his voice made me jump a little I replied "no?"

And I guess while Ace was telling me off for laughing it then caused Kai and Norris to laugh. It eventually dialed down moments later.

I was getting kind of tired to while Norris and Ace were looking I decided to talk to Kai.

"Hey Kai" he looked a me with a jump, I guess he didn't there these stupid chains rattle.
"Hey Skyler"
"So um how old are you" I really didn't think this through
"16" he actually looked 16 other than me he about 5'6 and has shoulder length wavy hair that was put in a messy bun, he looked cu- cool I meant cool.
"I am 16 as well" I finally replied

"Really?? I thought you were 13!" He exclaimed with so much enthusiasm, slightly surprising me.

"I get that a lot, um I guess I'll go back to looking"
"Okay".

As I'm looking I noticed a half burned paper
"Hey guys I found something"
I hear a chorus of 'what does it say'
"It says-

652 words. I decided since I don't put a lot of words it a chapter I'll update faster.