Part 28 - Two

Kacey's POV:

"Kacey?" I look up seeing Jeno in the door way. He doesn't move, he just stands there. I sit up a little and feel the ring against my finger.

"Hi Eonie," I say to him, waving him over. "Why are you so sweaty? It's snowing outside." I laugh a bit as he sits down in the chair by me.

"I ran here when I heard you were awake," he says with a laugh and sets his hands in his lap. "How are you feeling?"

"I've definitely felt better," I nod and tuck my hand under my leg. I don't want him to see the ring, not until I figure out why Jaehyun gave it to me. "But I'm glad you're here," I say quietly and smile at him. He gives a sad, small smile.

"I am too," he takes a deep breath. "There's a lot I want to tell you," he says and pulls my hand from under my leg, going to hold it. Then stopping and staring at the ring. He looks at me. "Where did this come from?" I shrug.

"I think Jaehyun," I say and his face falls. He sets my hand down.

"Oh," he says quietly and nods. The silence that filled the air was almost unbearable.

"At least I think, I don't know," I say and take the ring off of my finger, reaching to set it on the table. I wince and groan in pain.

"Here," he takes the ring and sets it by the plant on the table. "Don't move too much, you need rest." I lean back and tuck my hands under the blanket.

"How are you?" I ask him, the tension in the air thick and I don't understand why.

"I'm okay," he doesn't look at me. "I'm just glad you're okay," he stands up. Still not looking at me. I sit up, despite the pain.

"Jeno," I say and grab his hand. "Look at me," I say to him with a grin, when we first met coming full circle. "Do I make you nervous?" I say with a deep mocking voice. He laughs and looks at me.

"You're annoying," he looks down at my hand holding his, and let's it go. "I should get going. I saw Jaehyun in the waiting room," he takes a deep breath. "He probably wants to see you."

"I already saw him," I sit up more. Something over coming me. I grab Jeno and pull him closer. "Stay with me please," I look at him. I didn't realize until now, how much I missed him. How much I missed his touch. Jaehyun makes me nervous, and almost self conscious to be around him. But Jeno makes me... he makes me want to be myself. He makes me laugh and makes me feel something. As much as Jeno bullies me or calls me annoying, I feel something with him. I feel a lot with him.

"Okay," Jeno goes to sit in the chair. But I shake my head.

"Lay with me," I say, desperately grasping for human interaction. I couldn't tell if I was needing him or craving him. Jeno stares at me, then nods. I move over, he sits beside me, then lays back. I stare straight ahead. My mind racing. He ran all the way here. I look over at him, then move down. I lay my head on his chest, listening to his heartbeat. Suddenly, my body was calm. Nothing could hurt me. I feel his hands and arms wrap around me, one hand going in my hair, the other rubbing my back. This felt all too natural. This felt... right. I shut my eyes, feeling safer than I felt in years.

Jeno POV

I take small breaths, not wanting to ruin this moment. I look down at her, seeing her eyes flutter while she falls asleep. My heart was racing, I'm sure she can hear it. I look up at the ceiling. Was this really happening? Was I really holding her? I smile a little to myself, then remember. She's going to be staying with Jaehyun until she heals. Can I change that? Can she stay with me? I look back down at her, I lean down and kiss the top of her head gently.

"Jeno?" Kacey whispers, I pause, hovering above her head.

"Yeah?" I ask gently, rubbing her back again.

"Do you feel comfortable?" Her voice sounded tired. I rub her back in a circle motion.

"Are you?" I ask, she nods and cuddles into me more. I laugh softly. "Then yes I am," I lie. I was actually extremely uncomfortable. I look away from her and at the TV. I pause and look back down at her. "Kacey?"

"Hm?" She groans.

"Do you remember what people said to you? While you were in the coma?"

"Bits and pieces," she yawns and looks up at me, her eyes twinkle. "Why?"

"No reason," my voice cracks and I pat her head. "Okay rest now clumsy girl, your body needs to heal." She smiles and lays her head back down, grabbing my hand and pulling my arm more around her. I feel her fingers playing with my rings. Rings. I look over at the table seeing the ring. Why did he do that? Was he going to confess when she woke up? And did he expect her to say return the feelings? I scoff a little and look back at Kacey. Her fingers still playing with my rings. I don't want this moment or feeling to ever end. I look over to the doorway, and see Jaehyun standing there. I quickly look back to Kacey, I pull her closer to me, I squeeze her hand, I look back at Jaehyun and we don't break eye contact, even as Kacey lays her head more on to my chest.