Awakening

Yuki POV
I came to awareness slowly. There was a weight on my right arm. Carefully I wiggled my arm. There was a soft moan. This had me opening my eyes. All I saw was red. Well orange really. The color of Kyo's hair. Kyo. The name sang in my brain for a moment until the boys face came to join it.
“Kyo.” I whispered. No response from the figure at my side. I lifted my left arm to touch his hair. It was coarse, like he hadn’t washed it in a while. I sighed how long had I been sleeping?
Trying to think back, I recalled something about sex and sucking. Oh shit, Shigure! I groaned slapping my hand to my forehead. “Did I really say that to him?” I stated out loud. The form beside me shifted. Kyo. What was he doing in my room? I knew I was home and this was my room, but what was he doing here?
“Kyo?” I said again shaking my own shoulder now under his head. He groaned then lifted his head. I smiled at his sleepy face.
“Oh God, Yuki you're awake!” he cried.
“Ye…” I tried to say before his mouth was mashed onto mine. I held him tightly returning the kiss. He felt cool. Pulling away he frowned down at me.
“You still feel warm.” He commented. I sighed.
“Idiot I am being held captive under a thousand pounds of blankets plus you.” He looked a bit confused. “Anyone would be warm like this.” I added. His eyebrows shot up, mouth fell open, he got it. I smirked.
Scrambling he got off of me pulling the blankets with him. The cooler air hit me, making me shiver. “Yuki?” he looked concerned.
“Sudden lack of thousand pounds of blankets.” I muttered. He nodded.
“Why don’t you bathe? I will go get you something to eat.” He was gone before I could say anything. With a shrug I stripped off the sweat stained pajamas I was in. Looking over the mess of my room I wondered how long I had been out of it. Bowls were piled up with cups and silverware beside the door, the bed was a disgrace not to mention the clothes strewn around. It looked like a pig had moved in. I sighed, damn Kyo!
Turning my back on it I went into the bathroom. Two things shocked me as I entered. One, it was clean, two the window outside was dark. It must be sometime during the night. Huh. I shrugged turning the water on. Once it was at the perfect temperature I stepped in. I had a vague recall of Kyo bathing me. Was it real or a dream? How do I ask that?
I pushed it from my mind for now. Quickly I scrubbed the sick hot feeling off of my body. I breathed in the moist heat from the shower. I could feel it pouring into my lungs. It felt like I hadn’t been able to breathe in forever.
Stepping out I dried myself wrapping the towel around my waist, I combed my hair and brushed my teeth. Out in my room I bypassed the mess, for now. Finding some clean pajamas I slipped them on.
Down the steps I heard voices before I reached the dinning room. I saw Kyo first. He was holding a tray with a steaming bowl on it looking perplexed. Stepping around the wall I saw why. Shigure stood there with his old friend Doctor Hatori, yay for me. I frowned.
“Yuki, it is good to see you awake.” Hatori greeted me.
“How bad was it this time?” I asked.
“Only a week.” Shigure shrugged it off. The dog hated it when I got sick, often hiring someone to care for me as he vanished.
“Sorry.” I mumbled. Then a thought hit me. I covered my eyes with my hand. “Please tell me you didn’t hire Ms. Honda to care for me?” I begged. Shigure laughed.
“I didn’t hire anyone.” He stated. I spread my fingers to look at him.
“You stayed to care for me?” this shocked me to the core.
“No need, no one could get near you with Kyo around. He even cooked meals specifically to heal you.” I looked at Kyo, completely floored. His face flamed a deep crimson.
“Don’t say it like that, you perv!” he yelled. “You make it sound weird!” Walking over to Kyo I placed a hand on his arm.
“I am in your debt.” I said sliding my hand down his arm to the tray, all the while his face went redder.
“Is this for me?” I asked coyly. He could only nod. “I hope it wasn’t too much trouble.” I pressed taking the tray from him to set it on the table.
“N, n, nah. Not too much.” Cutely he pushed his hand through his hair. I smirked.
“Eat so I can examine you and not watch this horrendous show of adolescent mating ritual.” Hatori snorted.
“Oh it reminds me of myself and Ayame when we were in school.” Shigure clapped his hands together. I sighed. I had known that the main reason he allowed me to stay with him was due to the fact he was in love with my brother.
“I am suppose to eat and keep it down, so please do not talk about that snake of a brother I have! I may just throw up on you.” I warned blowing on the soup.
“You are nothing a like." He scoffed sitting across from me. Hatori sat beside him as Kyo dropped to a chair near me. They all turned to watch me eat.
“Please don’t stare at me!” I cried turning slightly away. Shigure laughed but launched into the grand tale of how Kyo dutifully took care of me in my time of need.
“I am sure he would enjoy the money that goes with caring for me while I’m ill.” I pointed out.
“Honestly allowing him to bathe you appeared to be good enough.” Shigure winked. Kyo refused to look at me. I sipped the soup from the spoon.
“Well it wasn’t the first time he saw me naked.” I pointed out. They all looked at me again. “We have gym class together.” I added.
 Nothing more was said as I ate my late night meal. I did glance at my phone to see it was close to two in the morning. “Why is Hatori here at this hour?” I asked.
“I came when Shigure called to notify me of your awaking.” He said. As Kyo took the dishes away, and I pointed out the mess in my room, Hatori started his examination.
He listened to my lungs and heart, checked my temperature then sat back. “Continue the medication I gave Kyo for you, and rest. Let’s say another week. Then I will check you again. You are improving that’s good.” He added closing up his bag. “Now, go back to bed. We all know how you are when you don’t sleep.” I swear I saw a little smirk on his lips. I sighed.
“Kyo needs to clean my room.” I muttered. Just as the words were spoken he came in carrying an arm full of cloth. He marched past us to the laundry room. Dumping it on the floor he began to fill up the washer. I smiled.
“Wow, a domestic side. I guess you will make a good wife someday.” I saw the back of his neck flush red. Yawning, I covered my mouth but Hatori saw it.
“Bed, now.” He pointed up the stairs.
“Go, I have fresh linens and blankets on your bed.” Kyo said.
“You will be up once you start that?” I asked. He nodded keeping his back to me. I saw his neck turn red. Smiling to myself I went back to my room. Standing in the door I looked around. To my surprise the bed was made, the floor was swept and mopped, all the clothing and dishes were gone.
“Did I do a good job?” the voice purred behind me. Kyo was slightly taller than me. I reached up curling my fingers around his neck. His hands found my waist. I leaned back against him.
“You did great.” I told him turning to kiss his cheek. He turned toward me making our lips connect. As his pressed into mine, I noted some of the sloppiness was gone from his attempts. He found my lips, molding his thinner ones to mine. I sighed into him. It had been to long.
“Mmm. Who have you been practicing on?” I asked. He flushed.
“Uh, well you had these fever dreams…” his voice trailed away as his hands tightened. I laughed. Then couldn’t stop at the look on his face. Good thing his hands were on my waist as I bent over laughing harder. He smiled guiding me into the room.
Kyo flopped on the bed pulling me up against him. I was laying on my back as I looked up at him. My laughing subsided; my fingers traced his cheek before sliding into his hair. I pulled his head down to me. Our lips met. I hung onto him deepening the kiss.
When he pulled back a thought entered my head, one I didn’t want. “Kyo?” I whispered.
“What is it rat boy?” He smirked.
“How come you’re so good at blow jobs but sloppy at kissing?” I blurted out. Kyo threw himself back on the bed. He put one arm under his head. The other hand found mine between our bodies.
“Well, no one really wants the cat around. When my mom saw my true form, she killed herself. My dad left shortly after. I’ve been mostly alone since. I did what I had to in order to survive.” I felt him shrug. “Not many people care if you can kiss.” Now it was my turn to rise up on my elbow to look at him.
“I thought you lived with your karate master?” I asked scowling.
“I do, now. That’s been a very recent development.” He said.  His thumb traced over my lips.
“Why are you so good at kissing?” he demanded. I made a face.
“Well, um…” it was my turn to go red. “Some girls are a bit more aggressive. And my parents didn’t really like having me around during school breaks. They often sent me to camps and stuff.”
At my confession, Kyo burst out laughing. It was so bad he let go of me to hold his own stomach.
“Dude...” he gasped out. “You know how to fight!”
“I’m not going to fight a girl who isn’t trained like I am!” I was horrified he would even think that! He sat up cupping his hand around my neck.
“No, idiot, but you can dodge right.” He leaned in to kiss me. I moved out of the way. His mouth brushed my ear.
“Yeah, I guess so.” I chuckled. That was the last of the talking for a while.