Its just him

Kyo POV
Yuki got better, I went back to the dojo. Life went on. I would sneak off to make out with Yuki in the basement room. We didn’t have full out sex, yet. I wondered if he even wanted that any longer.
Soon the posters for the end of the year dance started to show up. It was still two months away. Yuki had a fan club of girls following him around. They were always chattering about asking him to the dance.
“Hey, Rat Princess!” I yelled from one end of the hall. Yuki was at the far end talking to someone. He didn’t even look up when I yelled. I stormed down the hall. Pushing him into the wall caused a crowed to show up.
“Don’t ignore me!” I screamed at him. He kept his cool. In his quiet Yuki way he looked up at me.
“I’m surprised your little brain knew that’s what I was doing.” He stated. I tried hard not to laugh.
“Shut up!” I yelled instead. I saw his lip shake as he fought to not smile at me. The crowd around us, mostly females, were chattering about what was going on.
“Look here, you simpleton…”
“Oh, really now?” he arched a silver eyebrow. I smirked.
“There is a race this weekend.” I told him. He sighed.
“Like you could beat me at anything like that.” He sounded so bitchy it was beginning to actually piss me off.
“I challenge you to a bet.” I smirked. He sighed.
“If you win…?” he waited.
“You will go to the dance, with me, in a dress.” I smiled at the look that flashed in his eyes. One part horrified, one part intrigued.
“When I win…” he put his finger to his chin as if he were thinking about something. Then a slow sexy smile spread over his all too kissable looking lips.
“When I win, you will become my slave again, but this time…” he paused for dramatic effect. “… it will be for the rest of the year.” He arched his eyebrows waiting. I thrust my hand out.
“Deal.” His cool fingers slipped into mine.
“Oh, this is more than just a handshake bet. This needs to be sealed properly.” I blinked a second before I was yanked off balance. I fell into Yuki's arms. My free hand hit the wall to keep me from falling on top of him. His free hand grasped the back of my head. He kissed me! Right there in front of everyone, in front of his fan club! Yuki kissed me! I couldn’t believe it.
It was quick, not nearly as interesting as our make out sessions but it was in front of half the school. When he released me he swiped the back of his hand over his mouth. “No backing out now.” He cooed in that low sexy voice of his. Then he simply walked away. I stood there stunned.
“Dude, Prince Yuki just kissed you!” one of my male friends stated.
“Hell I’m not into dudes but I wouldn’t stop him from making a deal like that with me.” Another commented. I could just sort of laugh with them. What was he thinking?
“Oh, that was so noble of our Prince.” One of his fan girls gushed.
“Such a Princely thing to do.” Another agreed. I turned to them.
“You are all sick and twisted. You know he can’t date you all!” I snarled. They looked at me with large doe eyes. Then one stepped forward.
“It isn’t about dating, Prince Yuki, the club is about admiring his Princely ways.”
“No, I joined because Prince Yuki is hot.” One of the huddled girls claimed. A few other heads nodded. The girl in front turned to look at them all.
“Are you all out of your minds?” she screeched. “Prince Yuki is above such dishonorable actions!”
“It would just serve you all right if he turns out to be gay!” one of the guys walking by stated.
“Yeah, looked to me like he was pretty into our Kyo over there.”
“Hey, Kyo did it seem like Yuki was into that kiss a bit too much?” Someone cried.
“Dude, my grandma kisses me more patiently than that. Yuki wasn’t into Kyo!” All the rest of the day I heard taunts like this. It was like the entire school was suddenly debating Yuki's sexuality. What hurt the most were the ones who said he wasn’t into me. Was Yuki just using me like everyone else?
I kicked at the floor as I made my way to the basement. Yuki was leaning against the door to the room we used. He looked up at me, his smile fading when he saw the look on my face.
“You didn’t like the kiss?” he asked, color making his cheeks flush.
“It wasn’t the kiss I didn’t like.” I said leaning against the other side of the door. He blinked.
“Then what?” he asked. I sighed. “All the talk about it?” he guessed.
“Do you even like me, Yuki?” I asked him. He hummed softly to himself.
“Honestly, Kyo, I like you more than I should.” He said it so quietly I had to lean over just to hear him. This shocked me. No one ever said something like that to me before. I moved over to stand in front of him.
“Then let’s seal this deal properly.” I smirked as I lifted his face up to mine. Licking my lips I bent to press them to his.
His mouth opened up to me ad I didn’t hesitate to take what was offered. My tongue darted inside to claim his. I shoved us through the doorway, kicking our bags out of the way so I could shut and lock it.
The race, I trained all week. Aside from making out in the basement I didn’t see Yuki. When Friday came I was ready. We met at the starting line. He smirked at me.
“What is it rat boy?” I asked a smirk of my own sat tauntingly on my face.
“Nice knees, cat." He whispered. I looked down, just as the gun went off signaling the start of the race. Yuki was half a block ahead of me before I realized it. That cheater! I cried as I tore after him.
I was used to running in the deep woods, hurtling rocks and tree trunk with ease. Running down a paved street was nothing. I quickly pulled ahead of the people around me. It looked like Yuki had slowed a bit, conserving his energy until the end? Probably knowing him.
Silently I closed the gap. Coming up behind Yuki I matched his stride. We rounded a bend way ahead of all the others. “Nice day for a jog, dontcha think?” I asked. He jumped, nearly lost his footing. I caught his arm, slowing to keep us both from tripping up in tangled limbs.
“How did you catch up so quickly?”  He looked truly shocked. I laughed.
“I've trained for years with my master in the woods.” I stated. He humphed. We fell into an easy rhythm as we legged it across the town. We were the only ones out this far. Yuki didn’t talk much but he stayed at my side.
A little over half way he started breathing harder. He didn’t ease up but continued at my pace. I frowned. Not wanting to draw attention to him, I just kept my eye on him. I didn’t talk either but I soon became concerned over him. As we continued on it was apparent he was struggling to breathe.
“Yuki, are you ok?” he only nodded. We came around the last been. The finish line was in sight. We both burst forward now trying to beat the other to the end. When Yuki fell, I spun around. He clutched his chest struggling to draw air into his lungs. Bent over I watched him a second. Was he playing me?
I could finish the race, win, then come back for him. His back arched as he tried to force air into his lungs. He better not be faking this! I cried inside my own head as I rushed back to him. As his grey eyes lifted, as they met mine I saw the fear laced throughout them he wasn’t faking.
“Yuki!” I cried hurrying to his side.
“Can’t … brea…” he gasped as he clutched at my arm. My eyes scanned the awaiting crowd. I knew Shigure was here somewhere did he bring his old friends? We were too far from the main crowd for me to see clearly. I scooped an arm around Yuki’s back, one under his knees. I ran.
I ran like I had never ran before. Master had me carry heavy back packs as we ran through the forest and trees. Never in all my life had it ever felt like I would be grateful for that.
“Shigure, Hatori!” I screamed as I raced toward the end of the line. I saw the ghost white hair first. He was the most visible of the three. Ayame, Yuki's brother stepped out onto the racing track.
I saw the hand clutch his arm and deftly move him aside. There was the doctor. I spun from the race to head toward them. “Finish…” Yuki gasped. My eyes went down to him then up to the line across my path.
“Sorry your life is more important to me than some race.” Carrying his weight and running as hard and fast as I could, I was becoming winded. I reached the trio in the way. Hatori slipped the boy from my arms.
“Go, finish the race, then come back.” He ordered. Yuki was in the best possible hands I could give him. Yet it didn’t matter. The rest of the pack was coming in quickly. I needed to make sure they didn’t hurt him. I stepped out in the way arms out to divert the flow of runners.
They went around me with odd looks on their faces but I stood my ground. I could hear Hatori whispering to Yuki. I hear something that sounded like sprayed air, then Yuki began to cough. I turned to look at him. He was sitting up half bent over Hatori's arm as the doctor held onto him.
The doctor slipped a green strap over his head. An oxygen mask. Horror filled me as I watched Yuki slowly but deeply draw in breathes. “Kyo, go check on him. We’ll make sure no one stumbles over them.” Looking back I saw three of my friends link arms before me. The turned calling out to the runners to go around.
I went to check on Yuki. He was sitting up on his own as Hatori listened to his heart. Grey eyes looked up at me. I gave him a tiny smile. He reached to pull the mask away from his face. I bent shoved his hand away.
“Stop that!” I growled. “You need to breathe, moron!” I shouted. He gave me a small smile behind the fogged mask, then patted my cheek. Shigure, Hatori and Ayame took Yuki home. I didn’t see him at all over the weekend.
The weekend made me restless. Master kept telling me to go visit them. I refused. A thousand times on Saturday I went to pick up the phone to call him. Each time I talked myself out of it. By mid afternoon I was done. I through some gear into a backpack and went out into the woods.
I hiked, ran, fished and did everything else I could to keep my mind off of Yuki Sohma. It wasn’t until I was getting my sleeping bag ready that I realized I left my phone at home. I snorted, whatever it’s not like I can get lost up here.
I laid down, the stars bright over head. This was what I loved. Being all alone on a mountain top, the sky twinkling over head. The next day I did some more running and training before heading down to the house. I went by the overlook that showed Shigure's home. From what I could see Tohru and her friends were there cleaning up the yard. I saw no sign of Yuki.
I got home just as the sun was setting. Master had my dinner ready. Eating quickly I stripped to toss all of my clothing into the washing machine before heading up to shower.
“He's fine, by the way. Home resting all weekend.” Master called just before I turned on the spray. I smiled that was good to know.
The next day school was a whirlwind of starts and stops. I saw Yuki arrive, get swallowed by his fan club and not even look for me. Later I saw him alone in the hall, but so many people were around watching him. I turned to walk away, maybe he would still meet me in our room.
“Kyo?” I knew that voice. As soft as it was it still radiated his power. It froze me in place. Turning I saw Yuki walking towards me, single red rose in his hand. Did one of his girls give it to him? I wondered. I waited for him to come up to me.
“Since neither of us even finished the race, I assume our bet was a draw?” he peered up at me.
“Yeah, sure.” I muttered. If that was all, I began to turn away when he stopped me once more.
“Then I would like to officially ask you this…” I looked back at him. He held the rose out to me. “Kyo will you be my date to next months prom?” he stood there looking me directly in the eye. The hopefulness in his face left me speechless.