• S E C R E T S •

Narrator's POV

Fred closed his drawer with a clean shirt in hand, throwing his jersey in a basket.
He slouched down in the bed next to Jo— placing his hands behind him as he leaned on them.

Jo side eyed him but still trying to act as if she was paying attention to her notes—which was hard with him breathing down her neck.
He had his new shirt laid across his lap not daring to put it on— Jo pushed away the feeling to look back at his clear upper body, knowing how annoying he'd get if he knew she'd was tempted to.

A few seconds passed of Jo writing down stuff and Fred looking down her shoulder, confused.

"You haven't even spoken a word, what are you even writing down there?" He questioned narrowing his eyes at the parchment.

She rolled her eyes lifting her head looking at him "I'm writing our essay that were supposed to be doing together."

Fred now frowning responded "Maybe if you actually told me what your doing then maybe I'd help." He leaned back, pulling his shirt on.

Jo huffed— seeing once Fred had the shirt on she pushed the books and parchments on his lap. "Alright," she lifted up her left leg plopping it onto the bed. "I was trying to find information of the meaning of Amortentia and how it effects people, so you can do that and then pass it to me so I can add it to the essay." She crossed her arms on her chest.
Fred's mouth fell agape trying to piece everything she just had said together.

She sighed looking back down at her parchment "Plus you need to finish your background information for amortentia that you never gave—"

She was cut off with Fred rummaging through his bag and pulling out a piece of parchment that was already written on "Here." He said handing it to her. "The paragraph for background info."

Jo's face slightly shocked that he actually done it— she expected him to be caught up in his own life "Nice." She replied flatly.

After a while, Fred finished getting all the information that was required. He looked up to Jo checking if she had finished— she was still writing down on her parchment— stopping a few times to read back what she had written.
He tilted his head examining her facial expression— she seemed to bite on her lip when she was deciding on something and would tap her foot when she was impatient. He smiled slightly noticing these things. He quickly shook his head turning it down as he realized he was admiring her.
Ew.

She looked up through her eyes once he had looked down back into his work. She knew he was staring but— she didn't know why she didn't scold at him about it. She quickly looked back at her parchment when she saw him lift his head.

"Here. I finished." Fred handed her the parchment, she took it. "Thanks."

Fred sighed leaning back onto his hands. He rolled his tongue in his cheek impatiently. "So.."

"So what?" She asked without looking up from writing down the information he just gave her.

"What- what happen with Luke the other day?" He looked at her as she was occupied with something else.

She raised her brows, still not looking at him responded, "That's none of your business."

He huffed pushing himself up from the bed "I was just asking." He whispered walking up to his dresser opening a drawer.

Jo slapped her hands on the parchment looking up to him being faced with his back "Why do you care?"

He rummaged through his drawer— not really knowing what he's looking for, to be honest there was nothing he was looking for he just didn't want to look at Jo. He rolled his eyes looking at his wall "I don't."

"Then why did you ask?" She questioned.

"Just making conversation." He scrunched his nose.

"Okay." Jo looked back down at her work. "So the only thing left that we have to-"

Fred shut the drawer turning around to her "You know Atkinson is an asshole."

She tilted her head looking at him disgustingly "Well he's nice to me." She said trying to challenge him— she didn't see his dilemma with Luke.

"Well he's not to me." He crossed his arms across his chest, challenging her back.

"That's not very surprising." She chuckled raising her brow, looking back down, once again.

He rolled his eyes, huffing in annoyance as he dragged his hands over his face. "As much as we don't like each other I'm just- I'm just trying to be nice by letting you know." He shrugged.

She put her quil down, sighing "Nothing happened... he asked me out and-"

Fred's eye widen, sitting back down next to Jo instantly "He what?" He stared. She was about to answer until he cut her off "Fucking twat." He scolded shaking his head while she just stared at him confused "I told him if he ever did that again I'd—"

"You'd what?" She cut him off " And did what again? What are people not telling me about Luke?"

He shot his head back looking at Jo "Nothing. He's just— he isn't a good guy. Stay away from him Josephine." He said seriously.

"Don't call me that." She replied sternly. "Plus I can take care of myself. Just because you don't like him doesn't mean I have to stay alway from him." She swallowed hard, standing up "Look, I appreciate you for trying to 'help' but come to me when your ready to tell me what'sa going on."

"Jo I'm serious. It's just— what are you doing?—where are you going?" He questioned when he saw her grab her stuff heading to the door.

"I'm leaving. I can pretty much finish the rest of the essay in my dorm. Thanks for all your help." She said quickly.
"Jo-" He was cut off with the door being slammed. "Fuck." He sighed dropping his face into his hands.

Jo rushed her way back to the Slytherin dorms as her mind wondered with the conversation; what is everyone's deal with Luke, why won't anyone tell me, should I actually go on a date with him.
So many questions and no answers.

She entered the Slytherin common room instantly seeing Carina, Nell, and Arlo on the big couch in front of the fireplace talking. "Well look who finally decided to show up." Carina teased with a big smirk.

Jo sighed letting herself fall on the couch.

"How did it go?" Arlo mocked in a girly tone.

Jo sat herself up and nodded her head confidently. No one told her anything so once again she had to find out on her own.

"I'm gonna go out with Luke."