• T H E A F T E R M A T H •

Narrator

"Fred no!" Jo finally reacted once Fred threw a punch at Luke.

"Don't you dare fucking touch her you bastard!" Fred shouted towering over Luke. Clenching his fist trying to contain himself.
"It was you you fucking arse!" Fred grabbed Luke by his shirt pulling him up, glaring at him.

Fred was running late for his last class— no one else was around since it was always an abandoned hall around this part of the castle— until he heard someone. He recognized the voices immediately. Turning a corner he saw Luke grabbing Jo as she tried to pull. He couldn't help what happened next.

"Fred stop it!" Jo shouted stepping forward but they just kept shoving her way. She didn't give a fuck about Luke but she saw how much hatred was coming out of Fred, this wasn't their first fight.

Fred stepped back breathing heavily as he glared down at Luke. He realized what he was doing.

Luke wiped his mouth looking up at the two "What so you're with him now? I should have known you were always a fucking cunt-"
Fred didn't let him finish the sentence instantly lunging towards him, punching him. "Don't you dare say another word." Said Fred with his gritted teeth.

Luke had managed to tackle Fred down to the floor hitting him now.

Jo couldn't take it anymore and lunged herself in the middle, using all her strength to push them apart. "Stop!" She yelled once they were both finally off the ground. She started hearing noises headed their way.

Jo pushed Fred back, turning towards Luke "Go." She glared.

Luke glared back— before smirking towards Fred "You know I would have never thought you would be the one to come and play 'hero'. Well I mean since last time you just stood back and watched."

Fred clenched his jaw once more about to attack Luke again but Jo caught him in time pushing him back towards the wall. "Luke go I swear to Merlin!" She yelled at him— this time he actually managed to listen.

Right when Luke had left a prefect appeared. "Is everything alright I thought I heard-"

"Nope everything perfectly fine." Jo smiled "We were just actually heading to class since— oh my Merlin were late!" Jo rambled with a faked laugh, grabbing Fred's hand and made their way out of the hall, quickly before the Prefect could say anything.
Once Jo had looked back and no one was there she turned to Fred with a beaming face.

"What the fuck is wrong with you?!" She pushed him in anger. He looked at her with a confused frown.

"Me?! I just fucking saved your arse!" Fred shouted in a whisper getting into her face.

"Oh for Merlin sakes Fred I don't need your fucking protection!"

"Don't fucking start." He narrowed his eyes at her.

"Listen Fred- you helped me yesterday and I thanked you but..- we aren't mates or anything and I can handle my own stuff on my own." Jo sighed.

Fred looked away than back at her as if she had said the stupidest thing possible "He put his blimey hands on you Jo. I don't give a fuck what you think we are I would have hit him no matter what." And he told her the truth, but there was also a much bigger reason behind it all.

She couldn't think of what to say next. She knew he was right. She was extremely lucky when he showed up because she was terrified of what could have happened. But non the less she wouldn't admit it.
Who knew why they both managed to keep the biggest secrets from each other.