• I T S A D A T E •

Narrator's POV
FRIDAY

Luke was everywhere a few days ago now I couldn't find him anywhere. Jo thought to herself.
She was trying to find him before her first class, potions, but she wasn't having the best of luck.

Her shoulders dropped as she started to give up— her eyes lit up once she saw the tall dark haired boy a few feet away.

"Luke!" Some people turned to her, eyeing her weirdly. She coughed looking down, embarrassed.
Luke smiled instantly, chuckling a little at how she blushed.

She made her way towards him quickly in the crowded corridor. "Hey." She pushed the strand of hair that fell towards her eye back behind her ear.

"Hey." He smiles shoving his hands into the pockets of his robe.

"Uh- um so," She rambled "Remember when you asked to hang out?"

He picked up his hand rubbing his chin with his mouth slightly parted "It's fading but it's still there." He joked.

"Oh well um... if you're still up for it then," she crossed her arms across her chest "I'd love to hang out with you." She mocked his words.

His eyes slightly widen— standing up straight "Yeah- Yeah thats great." He smiled "Saturday at 12?" Jo nodded
"Great. Can I walk you to class?" He asked.

"Yeah I'd liked that." She responded with heat rising to her cheeks.

They chatted and giggled at random things walking towards potions class.
Fred was leaned on the wall just like the first day— with his arms crossed across his chest flirting with some girl. His smirk instantly dropped once he saw Luke smiling with Jo— out of instinct he pushed himself off the wall and walked towards the two.

Luke and Jo turned seeing Fred, Luke's smile instantly dropping but putting a fake one on for Josephine "Hey Weasley-"

"Shut the fuck up." He cut him off, standing tall im front of Luke as he glared at him.
"Fred-" Jo glared at him but was cut off by Luke.

"Oh come on Fred, we're all friends here, right?" He smirked, taunting him.

"I'll see you later Luke." Jo smiled walking towards the entrance of potions class before saying "Fred." And glaring at Fred once more. 
Luke said a quick goodbye watching her leave.

Fred kept his glare on Luke, clenching his jaw extremely hard.
Luke finally turned to Fred and his smile dropped as a devious look in his eyes raised.

"Stay out of way Weasley, I'm serious." He stood straight, chest to chest "Unless you want the same thing to happen as it did last time-"

Fred reacted grabbing Luke's shirt in his fist "If you hurt her I swear I'll kill you." He said through his gritted teeth.

Luke laughed as a smirk pulled at his lips "Oh don't blame me about what happened. It was your fault." Fred swallowed hard as fear and regret came over him remembering those moments. He kept his grip tight still "Don't do something stupid you'll regret, again."

Before Fred could answer Slughorn cut them off "Boys! Is there a problem here?" He crossed his arms across his chest with a brow raised.

Fred's grip loosened as Luke escaped— throwing an arm over Fred's shoulder and pulling him into him roughly. Fred clenched his jaw trying his hardest not to punch him in the face "No problem here sir. Just good old mates." Luke smiled.

"Well then Mr Weasley my class is about to start so come in at any time you like." Slughorn sarcastically said towards Fred.
Fred pushed Luke's arm off him harshly before entering the class with his teeth gritted— trying to hold in his rage.

He slouched down in his seat harshly causing Jo to turn her face to him.

She frowned her brows at him and he instantly leaned forward "Don't start." He said sternly towards her.

"Me don't start? You're the one that started everything outside." Jo yelled at him in a whisper— he rolled his eyes.

"Jo-"

"No. This is my choice and I'm going out with Luke- Merlin i don't even know why I have to explain myself to you. This doesn't even concern you so keep your arse out of it!" She huffed crossing her arms across her chest turning to look forward now.

"God you're so stubborn, you know that? And you're incredibly annoying— and you don't do what your supposed to-"

"Oh sorry to disappoint." She said sarcastically dragging out the words.

Before Fred could say anything back Professor Slughorn cut in, once again "Mr Weasley and Miss Lupin you will be presenting your essay first."

Jo huffed picking up the papers "Let's hope you don't screw this up." He walked past her pushing her shoulder in the process "I think you'd be the first at that." He whispered.

He stood in front of the class with a gleaming smile— Jo huffed in annoyance seeing at how the girls in the class swooned.

It took them about 5 minutes to finish presenting— they managed to present without starting a brawl in front of everyone.
Everyone clapped once they had finished.

"Well done. You see I knew you two would workout your differences." Slughorn smiled proudly.

Fred smiled as he threw his arm over Jo's shoulder  pulling her close to him "Of course Professor." She looked up seeing him with a smug smirk.

Jo smiled "Get your arm off of me before you lose it." She whispered at him, bashing her eyelashes at him sarcastically.

"Always such a pleasure princess." He smirked bopping her nose with his finger before letting her go and walking to their seats.

Everyone went on presenting as the class came to an end— Jo rushing out immediately.
Fred huffed packing his stuff up as George came up to him.

"Hey mate." Fred greeted when he saw his brother waiting for him. "Lee?"

"He said he had to get to the library before charms next period." George shrugged "Nerd." He snickered. Fred chuckled as they walked into the hall.

"Jo?" George asked.

He rolled his eyes at the mention of her name "Who knows. Probably went to go snog Atkinson somewhere." He snarled.

George snorted "Are you jealous?" He poked his arm repeatedly, jokingly.

"What? No- stop that." He pushed George's hand away from his arm causing George to laugh even more. "She's- ugh— she's everything I hate in people."

"What's your deal with her?" George asked curiously "I mean she seems really nice— well she's nice to me. But you're both always fighting with each other or bickering about each other when you're not together— and she's got attitude I thought you liked that?"

"Whatever. She's with Luke now I tried to warn her and she didn't listen." Fred shrugged.

"I don't really think this is about Jo." George eyed Fred causing him to look up at George confused "After what happened with Luke— just maybe he's changed-"

"People like him don't change, George." He cut him off seriously.

"Alright." George threw his hands up in surrender "Whatever you have with Atkinson, leave Jo out of it— because I know deep down you care about her or then you wouldn't be fighting her to stop with whatever she has with Luke." George raised a brow at him.

"Since when did you become so wise." Fred looked at him confused.

"Oh well you know being the smarter and better twin has it's pros." He snickered.

"Oh shut up." Fred smiled pushing his shoulder slightly as George laughed.

Maybe George was right, Fred thought, he didn't know why he cared so much about Luke and Jo.
Luke was Fred's best friend since first year— but so much can change in a spilt of a second.
Just like it did for them, and not for the better.

Fred entered his second class but first turned around towards George "Oh and I don't care about her okay!" He yelled back.