• P O T I O N S •

Narrator

Jo awoke with a smile on her face. Strange, it was 7 in the morning.

A noise erupted her thoughts, seeing Carina and Nell getting ready.

"Oh look who's up early." Carina rose a brow planting her arms on her hips.

She gave her a sarcastic grin as she managed to get out of bed. "Ha ha."

"Okay but actually," Nell turned with a questioning look towards Jo, who was grabbing her uniform, "What's up with you lately? You seem to happy- giggly to be our Josephine."

Jo frowned her brows, "What? No I haven't."

Carina spoke up with a knowing grin, "Now that I think of it you definitely have."

Jo groaned, "Maybe its cause I'm back with my best friends." She joked, laughing while Nell rolled her eyes.

"I will find out." Nell narrowed her eyes as she pulled Carina with her, "See you at breakfast." She taunted as they both left.

Jo chuckled, was it really that obvious? Jo hadn't even realized that that was how she was acting.
She shrugged, not thinking much of it and went along changing.

——

Jo waved goodbye to her friend group, starting to walk to her first class, potions. She had decided on leaving a bit earlier then usual, the class was a bit far from the great hall and it would take much longer to get there when people crowded around the halls.

She let out a breath, clinging to her bag, as she took her time.

"Since when do you go early to potions?"

She was met with the usual brown eyed ginger boy, a wide grin visible on his patterned freckle face.

"Since I got tired of bumping and shoving people just to get there on time." She shrugged, grinning up to him.

He nodded his head, "Fair enough." Shoving his hands in his pockets while they walked side by side.
It was quiet between the two for a bit, until Fred bobbed his head, "This is probably the first time you're not rambling."

"Wow," She sarcastically looked hurt, "I wanted a quiet, nice, alone walk to potions, and you ruined it." She shrugged nonchalantly.

"Too bad." He shrugged. "Plus good for me I usually find your rambling a bit annoying."

"And I usually find you always annoying." She spoke back.

"I love us being friends." He teased throwing his arm around her shoulders once reaching potions class.

Professor Slughorn appeared from the door catching the two, "Oh wonderful you two are early." He spoke with a smile, Jo slapped Fred's arm off during the process. "I could use your guys help grading a few 5th years exams. What do you say?"

They both nodded their head, not really caring.
Slughorn's smile widen as he moved aside from the entry, assuring them to move inside.

A stack of parchment where stacked on one another on his desk.
Jo took a hand fold, grabbing them and moving to her seat, while Fred did the same.

After a few papers later, Jo was getting distracted with the boy next to her huffing every few seconds.

He huffed once again causing her to put her quil down and glare up at him, "What's wrong with you now?" She scoffed