Chapter Thirty One.

"My heart's against your chest
Your lips pressed to my neck
I'm falling for your eyes..."

✧✧✧

"Are we technically breaking in right now?!"

"What?" Tristan replied with a laugh. "No, Evelyn. I have a key."

"But your aunt isn't home."

"Do me a favor, Evelyn."

"What?"

"Never start a career in law. You'd suck at it," he said with a grin.

Evelyn just narrowed her eyes.

"Relax, Evelyn," he said with a soft smile. "We're just here to develop my photos, you said you wanted to see some, right?"

"Wait, develop?" Evelyn asked, her eyebrows lifting in surprise. "That's still a thing?"

Tristan shook his head at her, but laughed, nonetheless, grabbing her hand and pulling her up the stairs, behind him.

It wasn't long before they reached a specific door, and as they entered, it was pitch dark, but Tristan turned on a specific light which caused the room to be bathed in an entirely red glow, but it still wasn't bright in the room, just light enough so everything was visible.

"I've always wondered why the room needs to be red when you develop photos. It looks kind of creepy, if you ask me," Evelyn said, scrunching her nose slightly.

"If you expose the undeveloped film to light, you'll ruin your photos. The light has to be red," Tristan explained.

Evelyn considered that. "Still looks creepy. Just creepy for a reason."

Tristan chuckled softly. "And me? Do I really look creepy to you Evelyn?"

Evelyn scanned his features, from his fluffy hair to his high cheekbones and sharp jawline, letting her gaze travel down, over his neck, straight to his broad shoulders and the way his t-shirt was pulled over his chest, and tight around his arm muscles. Evelyn didn't actually mind the way the red lighting and darkened room made him look. Creepy was about the last adjective her mind thought up.

Tristan stepped closer to her, brushing her hair away from her ear, slightly, before he leaned down, brushing his lips just barely against her earlobe.

"I'll take that as a no," he whispered and then he moved his mouth, pressing a kiss against her cheek, before he moved away entirely, leaving her heart pounding.

"Could you shut the door, please?" Tristan asked as he walked up to a table with all kinds of chemicals and objects on it. Evelyn did as he asked, watching as he picked up a camera from the table, opening something on it.

Evelyn walked over to the other piece of furniture in the room, a desk, which had no contents on top of it. It was sturdy and pushed against the wall, so she decided to pull herself up, sitting on the desk with her legs hanging as she watched the way Tristan worked with the film, completely focused on his task.

"Do you only use a film camera?" Evelyn asked.

"No, not at all. I'll honestly use anything I can take photos with, but I use digital cameras the most," he explained, continuing to do whatever it was he was doing. It was nice seeing him in his element.

Evelyn noticed a strand of Tristan's fall over his forehead, obstructing his vision, slightly. She could tell it was annoying him, so she hopped off the desk and walked toward him, lifting her hand to gently put the out-of-place strand back. As she did so, Tristan's eyes met hers, looking darker in the dim lighting, glancing down at her lips for a moment, but it was long enough that she noticed.