CHAPTER FOUR

"Mom that's not how you do it. Just leave it, I will do it. Set up the table."
I said as I took the spoon from my mother.

"I was only trying to help."

"No. You we're trying to ruin my food."
I said as I looked at her up and down.

"Whatever."
My mom said before she exited the kitchen.

"Your food is not that good anyways."
My mom mumbled.

"I heard that!"
I said before I took at look at my food.

"Perfect."
I said as I turned off the stove and started setting up the table.

"Is that what I think it is."
I heard my father say in the sitting room.

"Yes it is."
I said faking joy.

"My mom needs this. My mom needs this. My mom needs this."
I repeated to myself before putting on the best fake smile I can master.

"It's not that good!"
My mom said as she entered the kitchen with my dad.

"Not that good, Is better than what you cook."
I said with a smirk on my face.

"She's right."
My dad said.

"You too?"
My mom asked my dad, who just gave her a nod.

"That's it. I'm not cooking for this family anymore."

"You mean Your not gonna buy us food anymore. How can my heart take it?'
I said causing my dad to laugh at my sarcasm.

"Very funny. Im not gonna help you anymore. "
My mom said before she exited the kitchen.

"You were not helping anyways!"

My dad smiled  before saying. "I'm gonna go check on your mom."

"Dad, wait. I kinda need to talk to you."
I said as I played with my hands.

"Thami i really don't have time for this. I was at work and im tired and..."

Your doing this for your mom. Your doing this for your mom.

Those words kept repeating themselves in my head.  Deep breaths Nomathamsanqa. Deep breaths.

"Dad, im sorry."
I said.

"You are?"
He asked.

"Yes i am. This whole situation is hard on me. There are even some days where I think i can't do it anymore. I always looked at you as the reason for it all because I didn't know it was hard on you too."
I said still playing with my hands.

"Ow honey."
My dad said as he came closer to me and gave me a hug. Tears ran down my cheeks as i hugged him back.   I haven't hugged my dad in a very long time. I remember when i was just seven. Every time something bad happened, i would run to my dad. He would tell me everything is okay and i would believe it. A simple hug would make me feel so safe, like nothing could ever harm me... But things have changed now. The one and only arms who would make me feel safe now seems like the most dangerous place i have ever been to and it's all his fault. He ruined it all. He is not the same man who would sing to me and read stories to me. He is not the same man who would do anything to keep me safe and make sure I'm not harmed. He is not my father. He's a monster.

Apologizing to him was the most hardest thing i have ever done. Even though i heard his story but I still think this is all his fault. I had to apologize to him for my mother. I know she says its not his fault but i know deep down she knows it is. Someday she is going to accept it, I just hope it's sooner or later. Before something really bad happens.  Im just going to pretend to happy, for now.

"I'm really sorry dad. Now I know your trying."

"Thank you."
He said softly.

"Thank you for understanding."

"I should have done it a long time ago. Now let's go eat our food before it gets cold."
I said before exiting the kitchen. I entered the dining room to find my mom eating.

"Mom,  what are you doing?"
I asked causing my mom to jump in suprise.

"Thami you scared me."
She said as she held her hand up to her chest.

"Why? Are you doing something wrong?  Maybe like, I dont know...."
I said as I walked slowly to my mother.

"Eating!"
I said after a while.

"I don't know what your talking about."
My mother said  not looking at  me once.

"Really?"
I asked with one eyebrow raised.

"Yes."
She said.

"Then open your mouth mother!"
I said with my face only inches away from hers.

"You can't tell me what to do."
My mom mumbled.

I sighed. "Why are old people so difficult."
I asked which my mom responded to by rolling her eyes.

"You taught me this one mother."
I said before holding her nose. It took a while before she gave in and opened her mouth. I sniffed her mouth and smiled in victory.

"I did it! I did it!"

"Should I be worried?"
My dad asked looking at me like I'm the most weirdest thing he has ever laid eyes on.

"I went to get the plates. It seems like I missed out on a lot."
He said with the plates in his hands. I looked at my mom who just smiled.

"I was... I-i was. Does it really matter what I was doing?"
I asked awkwardly.

"I guess not."
My dad said as he shrugged. 

We Talked and laughed all night and then it came to the point when I  wasn't pretending anymore. I was actually having fun with my family.

A/n
Wow i guess things are working out. Life almost seems like it's going good for Thami.

But remember this is NOMATHAMSANQA's story after all. Nothing is ever fine.

Muhahahahahahaha.

Sorry for the short chapter