CHAPTER EIGHT

You know the happy feeling you get when you wake up in the morning to birds chirping, the sun shining brightly through your window. Well this was not it. Infect it was the opposite. It was November, so it was cold outside and the were no birds c

So here I was holding a hair brush in my mouth while jumping on my foot as I tried to put my jeans on. I finally got my jeans on, buttoned them and started brushing my hair.

I was smiling at my own reflection as I saw my creation. I can't believe I did it. I was going to make it. If I just take an apple to go, I think I can actually make it.

I quickly ran out of my room and down the stairs. I was usually late for class but not late for school. Totally different situations.

You see, if I'm late for school, they lock the gates and I can't get in, but if I'm late for class the teacher won't lock the door. So you see, you should be always late for class but not school.

I just taught you something there kids. Dhar Mann style. No thanks needed, I love helping fellow students.

As I got closer to the kitchen I could hear people arguing by people arguing I meant my dad yelling. As I got to the kitchen I saw my mom laying on the floor and my dad holding the red dress mom showed me yesterday.

"Mom."
I said as I ran to my mom and helped her up.

"Umsizelani lo!? Uyayibona lento ayithengile!?" (Why are you helping her!? Do you see what she bought!?"

"Udoti lo!!  Yezwa!?" (This is rubbish!! Do you hear me!?!"
He said before he ripped it apart.

"Your a married woman!! You should dress properly not like some loose woman with not breaks."

"You like making me the bad guy!! You make me like this!! It's the things you do that make me so angry and now you have to learn a lesson."
He said before he disappeared into the living room.

Not again.

~Time skip~

It was a while after dad hit us. Somehow he knew I knew about the dress and I ended up in trouble. Everything went the way it always did. Dad hits us, apologizes to my mom and we all play happy family.

I was currently sitting on the couch with my mom and dad. That doesn't sound so bad does it?
Well it is. I am currently watching my mom snuggle and laugh with that monster.

The was a knock on the door and I took that as an opportunity to get out of there.

"I will get it."
I said as I put on the best fake smile I can master.

I got up and headed to the door.  I took a few deep breaths and rehearsed my smile. I opened the door to see William there holding books.

"Hi."
I said still trying to hold that smile.

"If you don't want me here i can leave. No need to fake a smile."
He said sounding disappointed.

"No, no its not that. Im just a little bit stressed that's all."

"First you told me that you  have more problems than bullying, then you don't come to school, you look terrible, no offense. Your eyes are red like you've been crying and your all bruised up. Thami what's going on? Are they still bullying you?"

I sighed. I didn't know what to tell him. Should I tell him the truth or do what I do best, lie?

Somehow the was something that just told me to trust William in a way. I neber told anyone this before and look how that has worked out for me. I started drinking and I cry everyday.