CHAPTER SEVEN

"Oh my god. Did that really happen?"
William asked between laughs.

"Yeah and I really don't like talking about it. Your lucky I told you... But if you tell anyone."
I threatened.

"I swear I won't tell anyone."
William said raising his hands up in mock surrender.

"You promise?"
I asked as I kept my voice from sounding like a two year old who's making her parents promise to take her to Disney land.

"I promise."
William said like he was out if air because of all the laughing. I rolled my eyes and continued walking down the hallway.

It's kinda funny how life works. I mean just yesterday I hated William and today we are talking like we've known each other for a long time.

Me and William have been talking non-stop and  I still can't believe it. I have a friend. Yay!!!

God, I must probably sound pathetic. Who gets this excited about getting a friend?

Well I guess I do.

When you finally know how it feels to stay all these years in this hell whole they call high school without someone to talk to then you would know how I feel. When I want to talk about my  feelings and just random stuff that's happening in my life, i have no one to talk to. When I cry, I have no shoulder to cry on. 

I always envied all the populars. Not because of their flawless skin and high status. I was just jealous of how they we're always surrounded by people, and never had to worry about not having anyone to talk to.

I have never admitted this before but I was lonely. Maybe that is why I forgave William so easily, maybe I just needed someone to talk to and William was the closest to that so I grabbed the opportunity.

Does that make me selfish in a way?

"Thami! Are you okay? You just zoned out there for a while."
William said as he continued to snap his fingers.

"Yah. I'm sorry about that. What were you saying?"

"The bus is gonna leave soon. Let's hurry up!"
William said as he pulled me by my arm.

"William, wait!"
I said and almost immediately William did as I said.

"Why? What's wrong?"
He asked in this weird expression, that I think is concern.

"I don't ride the bus."

"Why not?"

"Uh.. Uhm. Well..."
I tried to say and but I just couldn't talk. It's not like no one knew I was bullied but saying it out loud brings tears to my eyes and I don't want to cry.

"Its okay. If you don't want to tell me then it's okay. We will just walk."
William said and gave me this smile that some how made me want to trust him.

"They bully me."
I said before I could stop myself.

"What?"

"They bully me in the bus, okay!"
I said and I could already feel the tears rolling down my cheeks.

He came closer and gave me a smile that made me feel like everything is going to be okay.

"I am here with you and I promise no one is gonna do that to you ever again. Friends have each others backs, so I have yours. Plus I don't want to walk all the way."
I felt a smile appear on my face as I looked at my only friend.

"Has anyone told you, you are lazy."
He gave me a smile before holding my hand and lead me to the bus.

When we entered the bus it immediately turned silent before it erupted into whispers.