CHAPTER ELEVEN

Thami's POV

I was currently sitting on my bed with my mom and it was awkward. After William left she asked if she could talk to me and here we are. Sitting here in silence.

"Thami I know why you did all this."
My mom says breaking the silence.

"You do?"
Did my mom maybe overhear my conversation with William.

"Yah. You did all this because you are fed up with this situation with me and your dad. Now that school is over you don't have a  place you can escape to, right?"
She said and I just gave her a nod.

"I'm sorry baby. I know this is all my fault. This is all happening to you because of me. I'm sorry."
She said and I just have her a hug.

"I'm sorry mom."

I didn't blame My mom for this whole situation but I did blame my dad. If he had never made me hate my home then maybe It wouldn't have happened. I would have been home safe but no I wasn't.

"I want you to have this."
My mom said as she held a jewellery box.

"My mom gave this to me when I was eight before she passed away and now I'm giving it to you."
She said as she took my hand and placed the necklace in it.

"I never wore it because I never thought I was worthy but you definitely are. I love Thami. "
She said before she gave me a hug.

"I love you too mom. I promise I'm gonna guard it with my life."

" I know you will."
She said as she gave me a forehead kiss. "so now that we are sharing and stuff, would you please tell me why you always came home with bruises after school? "

"I don't know what your talking about? "
I said avoiding her gaze.

"Come on Thami. I know that you try to hide them with your makeup but they are there, I see them. "
She said and I could hear concern in her tone.

I just looked away because I knew that if I look at her I would just cry.

"Thami please?"
She said as she squeezed my thigh lightly.

"I was bullied at school. Kids would insult me and some would just hit me. "
I said still not facing my mother.

"Oh my god Thami. Im so sorry. "
I turned around to see my mother crying.

"What are you sorry about? "

"Because of me you went through so much. I'm sorry baby. You had to deal with an abusive dad and bullying in school as well and its all my fault. I'm sorry."

"Mom its not your fault. It was just teenagers tired of their crappy lives so they decided to pick on me. Plus its not like I can't handle a couple of weak punches thrown at me. "
I said and gave her a hug.

"You are one strong kid. I love you."

"I love you too."

"I promise that soon I will end all your pain."

~TIME SKIP~

I think you know what happened then. I went back to doing what I do best, pretending I'm okay.

The past 24hours weren't great but there weren't bad either. It was just a normal day in Thami's life of misery.  I had gotten out of my room and finally cleaned it. I don't know if I told you this before but I've been vomiting a lot. When I locked myself in my room, yeah I would vomit but now it had gotten worse.

It's probably because I had locked myself in a very unhygienic room. I will just get some medicine.

I was currently sitting in my room and talking to William on the phone after a tiring day of cleaning when I heard some shouting. I listened for a while and then it turned silent.

My door suddenly opened to reveal a very angry mom.

"Pack your bags Thami we are leaving."

What? Did I hear that correctly?

Did my mom just say we are leaving?

"Hurry up Thami I can't stay here anymore."
She said before walking off.

I quickly took out my suitcase and packed most of my clothe, I zipped my bag, put my phone on my back pocket and  walked out of my room.

I couldn't put my happiness into words. My mom was finally leaving my dad. She had finally accepted that he is a bad man.

I went to my mom's room and she was doing it. She was really packing up to leave that evil man.

"Let's go Thami. I will get the rest of my clothes later."
She said before dragging down the stairs and into the living room.

"Fuck, where are those keys."
She said as she looked around.

"You can't leave me!"
I heard my dad say and a moment later he appeared with a gun.

"We can talk about this Charles."
My mom said as she raised her hands in the air and moved closer to me.

"You can't leave me!! You are mine!! Your mine and I wont let what's mine leave!!"
He said pointing at us with the gun.

"Your crazy Charles and I'm tired of you! I'm tired of making excuses for you and making my baby miserable. We are leaving Charles whether you like it or not!!"

"But that is our thing. We have been doing this for 20 years. You can't leave me now."
He said shaking he's head.

"I think you know how this saying goes. If I can't have you no one can. "

"Charles.."
My mom said getting closer to him.

"Let's talk about this. There's no need for.... "
She said but got interrupted by my dad pulling the trigger shooting my mom on her chest.

"Mom!!"
I screamed as I went to her.

"Somebody help!? My mom got shot help!!"

"Thami."
My mom said coughing out blood.

"I'm not gonna make it."

"No you are mom. Some please call the ambulance!!"

"No I'm not. I don't want to. I'm tired baby and I want to rest. I've lived a miserable life where I had to stay with a man who hit me everyday and I got you into that mess.

Im sorry I wasn't a good mother to you Thami. Always continue to be the strong woman you are. I love you and I always will. Take care of yourself and keep that necklace I gave you close to you. "

"Mom no,no,no. Wake up mom. Say something, say something mom, no."
I said as I wiped my tears with the back of my hand.

"I should call the ambulance."
I said as I searched for my mother's phone in her pockets  and then I felt someone grab my hand.

I turned around to see that monster.

"You can't call the ambulance. What are you gonna say to them?"

"I can't believe you. You shot my mother after torturing her for all these years and  now you have the guts to tell me to not call the ambulance because you don't want to go to jail. Your a monster and the world would be better off if you we're dead."
I said before releasing my hand with my other hand.

"Your right, I shouldn't live. The world would be better off without me."
I heard him say and I just rolled my eyes and started dialing. That's when I heard a gun shot.

I turned around to see him laying on the floor. Before I could process what just happened the whole place was surrounded by the sounds of sirens and then the police and paramedics came in.

A/N
Please remember to vote and comment below